Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm
I'm wondering what the actual difference is between horse and cart modes of transportation.
If I got a cart,
- why do I need a horse? the cart lets me ride a horse.
- Shouldn't I see more of the horse if I'm sitting on the cart behind the horse pulling it?
If I have a horse
- why is it more expensive than the cart?
- why does the horse seem to do the same thing, e.g. let me ride a horse?
- Posts: 726
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm
Horse is faster than the cart, and once the player motor rewrite has been done there will be other differences like jumping, going backwards etc. Just not worth implementing yet since it would mostly get thrown away. There's a whole thread about all this - it was the first thing I added to DFU. Gotta have horses man!
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:12 am
One pretty detail could be changing the point of view/distance when riding a cart but it is more tricky than it appears because it would probably need new graphics.
But It would be a nice detail differenciating much more the horse from the cart. immersion!