Low Health warning

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
MeteoricDragon

Low Health warning

Post by MeteoricDragon »

Modern games include some kind of low health warning because full-screen immersion makes it easy to ignore your health level. I was playing DFU and noticed this when I wasn't paying attention to health and my character died.

If this was implemented in some fashion, would a mod be more appropriate than including it in the game's code and what kind of visual indication should be used to mark the warning? The screen borders throb red? Have pixelated blood run down the camera? Throb the player's health bar brightly?

RH666

Re: Low Health warning

Post by RH666 »

I'd suggest the latter. Just enough to be noticeable but not so much that players get taken out of the game with "hey! This wasn't in the original game!" feelings.

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

Hi, first of all good work with the head bobbing feature, it works great. Now, on this subject, I think the best option is to give the player the option :lol: to choose what he wants, just like other features like classic or minimum icons. For my taste, I think the blood on the screen is perfect.

ps: there are other ideas I would like to see in mods, which I think are not too impossible or too fantastic, but which would improve the game in general.
Some examples:
- Discover places on the city map, while loitering.
- An autorun key
- Funtional torches or candles
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Seterwind

Post by Seterwind »

I think the flashing health bar would be a good indicator, the side screen thing is a much more modern version of doing things, and I think it would oddly clash with the aesthetics.

I would love it to be part of the starting options for a more "enhanced" version of the game, like one button fighting. Definitely not as part of the classic game.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Yeah, well I'm late as usual.
I have been thinking about this for a good long while.
I'de like to see an option where theres no bars at all, just the screen effect (maybe flashing border, or blood streaming down screen(I like the latter)).
Maybe thats too much, so maybe at least the 3 options which seem to be popular; the flashing bars indicator, blood streaming down screen, and flashing borders.
If you can put it in the launcher that would be ideal.
If this was a mod, I would use it in a heart beat, thats all Im really saying, so yes please.
And yes, thank you for the headbobing, WE NEED MORE HEADBOBING :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!