Upgrading Project to Unity 2018.1.2f1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
mikeprichard

Re: Upgrading Project to Unity 2018.1.2f1

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma, I saw you're planning to make the transition to the 2018 Unity build this weekend. Does this mean you'll be continuing with effects and other core 0.5 features from next week? Sorry if I sound impatient, since you've already been in overdrive mode for months now; I'm really just curious about which new spells we can mess about with next!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Once a year, Interkarma has a massive work pile-up. It usually lasts a couple of weeks. I wouldn't expect any major progress until mid-July.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:17 am Interkarma, I saw you're planning to make the transition to the 2018 Unity build this weekend. Does this mean you'll be continuing with effects and other core 0.5 features from next week? Sorry if I sound impatient, since you've already been in overdrive mode for months now; I'm really just curious about which new spells we can mess about with next!
Yep, and everything cut across fairly smoothly. I'm likely to release first new builds created under Unity 2018 this weekend. I've already made a start back on the magic system in my spare time (which is a little limited right just for now). I have about 40% of effects remaining to build. Hoping to have those finished in July and then work can start in earnest on buying spells, potions, and magic items.

Jay_H wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 am Once a year, Interkarma has a massive work pile-up. It usually lasts a couple of weeks. I wouldn't expect any major progress until mid-July.
So true! June is end of financial year here in Australia and my workload goes crazy for about 4-8 weeks. I'm nearly through it though, and still making time to work on DFU when I can. Things are usually nice and calm again by August.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks for the update - sounds good!