Console Commands for no grinding

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
bubbanater07

Console Commands for no grinding

Post by bubbanater07 »

Hi I am new hear. I was wondering if there is a list of the console commands for Daggerfall Unity to help with grinding like changing stats and God Mod. I think there is the TGM command for God Mod though.

Thanks

Interkarma

Re: Console Commands for no grinding

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Use "help" in the console to view a list of available commands. Use "help [command]" to view more help on that command, e.g. "help tgm" will tell you more about that action.

There are no console commands to raise stats. You could either make a Fortify Attribute spell or just edit the save data directly (it's just in plain text). Here are some useful commands I use a lot during testing.
  • "tgm" - Toggle god mode on/off
  • "showspellmaker" - Create spells anywhere
  • "tele2qspawn" - Teleport to quest spawn (must be inside correct dungeon/building)
  • "tele2qitem" - Teleport to quest item (must be inside correct dungeon/building)
  • "tele2exit" - Teleport to dungeon exit
  • "trans_out" - Transfer directly out of dungeon
  • "openalldoors" - Open all doors in interior regardless of lock state
  • "set_runspeed 30" - Increase run speed to faster than horse
  • "levitate on/off" - Turn levitation on/off (no effect if running a levitation spell)
  • "teleport" - Teleport where crosshair is pointing
  • "groundme" - Return to last ground position if you fall through world (e.g. after a bad teleport)
  • "map_reveallocations" - Show all locations on travel map regardless of discovery state
  • "map_revealbuildings" - Show all building on exterior location map regardless of discovery state
  • "setlevel [level]" - Sets player level from 1-30 (does not add new attributes just changes level)
Good luck!

bubbanater07

Post by bubbanater07 »

So I could use a text editor like NotePad and edit my character there?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, save games are just a .txt file.

Saves are stored in your persistent data path (which varies by platform). This is the path shown when you start the game before pressing Play. Each save is in a numbered folder. If you aren't sure which folder, the number is shown in the save/load UI at top-right of screenshot.

The file you want to edit is "SaveData.txt". Look for the "stats" collection like below. It will appear just below character name and level, if you want to search for that. It should be near top of file in any case.

Code: Select all

"name": "Nameless",
"level": 1,
"stats": {
    "Strength": 42,
    "Intelligence": 60,
    "Willpower": 65,
    "Agility": 45,
    "Endurance": 45,
    "Personality": 50,
    "Speed": 43,
    "Luck": 50
},
Something to keep in mind is that's possible to break the save by making a mistake while editing save data. Best keep a backup just to be safe.

bubbanater07

Post by bubbanater07 »

Thank you now last question. I have the Daggerfall setup installed on my computer but no unity build. Do I download the build and run it and tell it the game is installed in the C Drive?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, download latest build from Live Builds page and unzip somewhere (e.g. Desktop\DaggerfallUnity or C:\Games\DaggerfallUnity, wherever works for you).

First run of game will ask you to browse to Daggerfall game files. Navigate to where you installed Daggerfall. If the folder verifies, the browser will turn green. You'll only need to set source of game files on first run.

Please note that certain options with DaggerfallSetup (e.g. classic translation mods) are not compatible with Daggerfall Unity. If you have trouble starting the game, try grabbing the "DaggerfallGameFiles.zip" from Live Builds and extract. This is a known-good set of game files.

If you have any troubles getting started, just post here again and someone should be able to help. I'll move this one up to Help & Support, as that's mainly what the thread is about.

Good luck!