Trouble with drained attributes after disease

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Seferoth

Re: Trouble with drained attributes after disease

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:28 pm Arkay and Stendarr temples should heal attributes for free, but it seems this is something I've not implemented, only the healing of health was done. Usually curing a disease also removes the stat damage, is that not the case for some diseases? How did you end up with damaged stats?
Also poisons can permanently damage your attributes.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

i'll add it to my todo list, Interkarma - what will the code need to do to restore damaged stats that are not from effect bundles?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's from an effect bundle, just not a disease bundle specifically. Check out DrainEffect and CureEffect spells to see how this operates. At its simplest, temple cure could just wipe all DrainEffect incumbents.

I'll be happy to help out if needed. It's getting late here though, and I'll be offline for the evening in a bit.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well not likely to do it that soon, I've injured my left arm and can't do much at the moment. Ow for last 4 days...
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:43 pm Well not likely to do it that soon, I've injured my left arm and can't do much at the moment. Ow for last 4 days...
Oh, crap. Get well, man
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So, currently members of School of Julianos have no way of healing damaged attributes? Damn, i suppose i need to start making quite a few backup saves with my current character until this is fixed.
Edit: I personally have damaged attributes quite often due to poisons(damn rogues/assassins), but it has not been trouble in the past as those characters have always belonged to Mage's Guild. Perhaps there should be "Heal Attributes" potions and/or "Heal Attributes" cast when used option for create magic item. Best option though would be "Heal Attributes" option from temples to non-members...for a cost of course.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ouch, get better soon Hazelnut.

To help out a bit, I've attached a classic Daggerfall save of a character with STR attribute damaged by a Drain Strength spell. He's a high-ranking member of the Akatosh Chantry where "heal all wounds" is available at rank 1. He's standing inside the temple right in front of the healer ready to go.

Healer asks the following question if player has damaged attributes.

fall_093.png
fall_093.png (23.03 KiB) Viewed 965 times
If you select YES then all Drain effects are purged. Combine this with removing diseases and poisons, and that pretty much covers it.

Just hit me up on git or dev forums if there's anything I can do to help.
Attachments
SAVE0.zip
(61.3 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Did Temples heal attributes in classic on holidays when they offer free healing to people/non-members? I think they should as that would take care of the forced joining to Temple or Mage's Guild to heal damaged attributes.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

There are two temples that will restore stats for non-members according to UESP. Would be good if someone confirmed how that works in classic. Wonder if they charge for it or something?

EDIT:
Well my testing in classic has not confimed the UESP data that 2 temples heal from rank 0 - I had to join arkay to get that to happen.

This is because I seemingly forgot that first rank is 0! (and I did the guild implementation for DFU) Ignore what I said above. (now in small embarrassed text)

Gonna blame the painkillers I am on, even though I suspect this is just my old brain misfiring.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Seferoth wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:37 pm So, currently members of School of Julianos have no way of healing damaged attributes? Damn, i suppose i need to start making quite a few backup saves with my current character until this is fixed.
What do you mean? Why do you think members of Julianos have a problem?