So big and confusing dungeons

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Gajden

So big and confusing dungeons

Post by Gajden »

Heil to you friends.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm not englishspeaker.

Recently I've decised to Play Daggerfall and the quests which reqires from you to get into dungeons seemed a bit hard to me. The thing is I can't find the quest items in dungeons. They are too big and confusing that I just can't pass the quest and get a reward.

So, does someone have any tips how to navigate the dungeons or how to make crawlilng more easier?
Spoiler!
Or I have to suffer?

Opcero

Re: So big and confusing dungeons

Post by Opcero »

Firstly, if you want, you can use the "smaller dungeon" mod available here.

1. What I do is whenever I approach a ramp or stair, I always make sure to turn around and fully explore the level I am on. In the old D&D days, ramps and stairs were partly designed to trick you into leaving the level you were on before you finished exploring it. I've found fully exploring a level before moving up or down helpful for navigation.

2. I always cast the mark and recall spell at the mouth of the dungeon before beginning any exploration.

But yeah, lots of people use the smaller dungeon mod.

Hazelnut

Re: So big and confusing dungeons

Post by Hazelnut »

Gajden wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:47 pm Heil to you friends.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm not englishspeaker.

Recently I've decised to Play Daggerfall and the quests which reqires from you to get into dungeons seemed a bit hard to me. The thing is I can't find the quest items in dungeons. They are too big and confusing that I just can't pass the quest and get a reward.

So, does someone have any tips how to navigate the dungeons or how to make crawlilng more easier?
Spoiler!
Or I have to suffer?
You have options.. you can enable smaller dungeons as the previous poster suggests, or you could install the Archaeologists mod which gives access to locator devices (wands) that can be activated after exploring enough of a dungeon. When activated you see an ingame marker at the quest objective. Gives you a direction and approx distance, though you do still have to figure out how to get there which with DF dungeons can still be a challenge.

good luck.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods