"Fullscreen" without scaling?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
haloterm

"Fullscreen" without scaling?

Post by haloterm »

On my 1920x1080 display, I use the retro mode in 640x400 with an actual resolution of 1280x960. When I select fullscreen in the rendering setting, that is scaled to my display size.

However, I would like to have a fullscreen mode without scaling - I like to have the 1280x960 window centered on the screen, with black borders left, right, top and bottom. I'd like that because the 640x400 are already upscaled to 1280x960, and these get then again upscaled to the top/bottom display borders. (I know that is not really "full" screen, but I think you know what I mean.)

The NVidia setting on display scaling has no effect on that, because I think the Unity window itself is still using 1920x1080 and internally upscaling the 1280x960 to its borders.

Is there a way to do what I like (without changing the screen resolution system-wide to 1280x960)?

(Currently, to avoid the 1280x960 getting upscaled again, I use windowed mode, but that gives me the window border on top, and also I have to change my desktop wallpaper and move the icons, so they don't distract me while playing.)

haloterm

Re: "Fullscreen" without scaling?

Post by haloterm »

Okay, problem solved.

As I use a startup script (batch file) anyway to keep my various DFU versions separate, I change screen resolution now form with that script, using the small Qres utility:

Code: Select all

@echo off
IF EXIST "%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Daggerfall Workshop" (
	rmdir /s /q "%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Daggerfall Workshop"
)
mklink /j "%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Daggerfall Workshop" "./Daggerfall Workshop"
QRes.exe /x:1280 /y:960
start /w "" daggerfallunity.exe
QRes.exe /x:1920 /y:1080