Conversation bug

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Stahh

Re: Conversation bug

Post by Stahh »

thanks for the feedback! :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 pm I was getting enough complaints across Reddit, Twitter, email, and on the forums that I knew I had to stop what I was doing and do another pass over the quest system, especially now that guilds and commoner quests are open so far ahead of schedule. You guys have all done amazing work, and my job as lead is ensure all the individual parts work together and chase down problems.
I guess that's the consequence of me chucking all the social quests in rather than commenting out. Was thinking we can crowdsource which ones have problems and which ones are okay because I didn't fancy going through all of them myself after doing most of the guild ones.

Anyway sorry for the derailment of spells work, and thanks for taking it in your stride with such grace mate! :)
(I feel a little guilty because I went AWOL leaving you to deal with all the consequences.. that was not something I foresaw however, and this is the most plate spinning I've done at work for a long time)

Still, silver linings are that we have a lot of people playing and testing DFU! :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nah don't worry worry about it mate. I'm happy to have it in place. We're all about continuous incremental improvement here. :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:55 pm Nah don't worry worry about it mate. I'm happy to have it in place. We're all about continuous incremental improvement here. :)
It's like the old saying about "How do you walk around the world?" Well, first you get a row-boat...

...Well, the original said something about "One step at a time.", but that doesn't make sense. There's no land bridge around the world. And rowing is the closest boat-propellant to walking.

Except maybe the Bear Circle. But that's not land, that's just solid dihydrogen oxide.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

zuzman

Post by zuzman »

Has there been any lucking fixing this bug? Even the lastest build has the dialog going crazy.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

it is fixed yes

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

zuzman wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:55 pm Has there been any lucking fixing this bug? Even the lastest build has the dialog going crazy.
Something to keep in mind is this isn't just one bug. It was about 20-30 different problems causing a similar looking issue during play. I had fixed most of these in the back end, then accidentally introduced a new one by adding a quest feature the talk window wasn't setup to handle. Nystul has added some extra checks and exception handling in talk window to better catch these in future. But even now, there's no guarantee all cases are fixed.

If you continue to experience any problems along these lines, please make a post in the bug reports forums with your output log and a save game to reproduce. And please always specify the exact build number you are playing on, it is most helpful.

This is all part of the experience when when helping to test games under development. I appreciate your feedback, thank you. :)