Both the travel map and the automap don't work

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
HotDogFingerz

Both the travel map and the automap don't work

Post by HotDogFingerz »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem for anyone else, but whenever I open the automap, it doesn't work and freezes the game, and the travel map is completely blank, but I am able to find some locations by roughly guessing their locations. Is this a common thing or no?

Interkarma

Re: Both the travel map and the automap don't work

Post by Interkarma »

This one is typically permission-related on Windows. Try running game as administrator (right-click .exe and run as administrator).

Depending where you have the game data files, Windows might be blocking read access. You might also be able to fix by grabbing my DaggerfallGameFiles.zip from Live Builds page and unzipping they somewhere generic like C:\Games\Daggerfall. Don't forget to unblock .zip files from property dialog before extracting.

If I can create a standalone install someday, this won't be a problem. But for now it's subject to a few factors outside of my control on the target system.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :)

HotDogFingerz

Re: Both the travel map and the automap don't work

Post by HotDogFingerz »

That did the trick! Thanks!