Can't use potions

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
MagnolmHoltz

Can't use potions

Post by MagnolmHoltz »

First of all I wanna tell you how amazing DFUnity is. I haven't played Daggerfall since I was a kid and to come back to it with what you guys have built on it is just incredible.

I have only ran into a few problems, more minor than routine bethesda bugs, lol.

I find myself unable to use potions. I click on them in my inventory with equip and use and nothing happens. I am also unable to use potion recipes, although i think that could be a class issue. My character is a barbarian imported from a classic save. I made a fresh knight character straight from DFUnity and the same issue persists.

Am I forgetting something? Can my class just not use potions or is something wrong. I am using the latest stable build of Daggerfall Unity.

Thanks for any help.

Interkarma

Re: Can't use potions

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your kind words. :)

Potions are not yet implemented. They will go in shortly after 100% of magic effects are completed. Spells, magic items, and potions all use the same effect base so these must be completed first.

The Roadmap has a nice summary of what is complete and what's still in progress. Magic effects are about 60% complete. You can follow their rollout on the Effect System Status page.

Things will fall into place fairly quickly once effects are done.

MagnolmHoltz

Re: Can't use potions

Post by MagnolmHoltz »

Ah I see. Thank you thank you. You have done an amazing job and I'm now following close.