Mouse in win10

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
malcur

Mouse in win10

Post by malcur »

Probably solution to my problem is very simple but I just can't find it...
I'm using Daggerfall setup and Unity #122. Unity finds a Arena2 folder and I press play and I find myself in dungeon.
No mater how i change key bindings I can't turn - just forth and back, mouse look doesn't work, return key do nothing and in configuration menu mouse tab is red...
Please help!

Interkarma

Re: Mouse in win10

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums :)

It sounds like the mouse might not be getting captured properly in game. Do you see the cursor kind of floating around in game while you're trying to mouse-look? Does clicking into the game lock the cursor (it should disappear once locked and show only when UI is open).

The in game mouse settings window isn't currently implemented, you can instead change these settings in the startup UI (mouse sensitivity, invert mouse).

malcur

Post by malcur »

No - I just have a non-moving cross hair in the screen center. The only visible mouse activity is during attack.

I use wireless Logitech mouse and t tried with old one on cable too - no difference.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you, sounds like mouse is captured OK. Something else is going wrong then.

Could you please zip up a copy of your "output_log.txt" and attach here for me to review? You'll find the output log in your persistent data path, which is shown when starting the game. Check the linked topic below for more information on finding the player log.

https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=313

Cheers!

malcur

Post by malcur »

There it is.
I noticed that this file is wrote in VR folder by Commodo internet security. Maybe I should repeat installation with Commodo switched off?
Attachments
output_log.zip
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ah, it sounds like the game is being sandboxed by Comodo. It's possible this is having a negative interaction with Unity's input system. After searching around, I was able to find others mentioning similar problems with Comodo and Unity input. Here's a Steam user thread for input issues with The Long Dark where Comodo was related (starting from post #6)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/d ... 169896922/

It might be necessary to disable auto-sandboxing for Daggerfall Unity's executable. Here's a Comodo KB article to help with this if needed. I'd never recommend disabling your AV completely, just excluding the sandboxing for DFUnity should do it in this case.

https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-623-7666-.html

Good luck!

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

With comodo check if the DF Unity appears under unblock application if it does remove it and it should work
Comodo.PNG
Comodo.PNG (174.27 KiB) Viewed 4187 times

malcur

Post by malcur »

Thank you guys very much! Now I see a chance to fix the problem. After work I will check my commodo and let you know how it goes.

malcur

Post by malcur »

I made changes in commodo and now Unity works like charm!
Thank you all for help I'm really very grateful.