Which classic patches are compatible?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
daggerfallman

Which classic patches are compatible?

Post by daggerfallman »

I began setting up a classic df install and learned there are several patches/mods to the classic (non-unity) game. See http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:File ... _Utilities . There are both official and unofficial patches that add quests, fix misplaced NPCs, fix spell bugs, fix location bugs, fix faction bugs, etc.

Which patches are compatible with df unity?

King of Worms

Re: Which classic patches are compatible?

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, I use Daggerfall Setup, it has everything in there as far as Im concerned, correct me if Im wrong pls

https://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?t ... llSetup_EN

From my experience - if I remember corectly - I used everything but eye of argonia

Interkarma

Re: Which classic patches are compatible?

Post by Interkarma »

The default DaggerfallSetup is OK. It's mainly language patches that break compatibility. Anything which modifies sprites or simple bits of game data should also be fine. It would be interesting to run through this one patch at a time to determine a full compatibility list, but right now it's the language patches that seem to cause the most trouble.

All of the optional quests are already included in Daggerfall Unity, fully patched. We use a text-based scripting language based on Tipton's TEMPLATE v1.11 decompiler and don't use the old QRC & QBN files at all. So any quest patches on the old QRC/QBN files will just be ignored as DFUnity doesn't even use them.

Likewise, anything that changes FALL.EXE (e.g. eye of argonia) will just be ignored as DFUnity doesn't use FALL.EXE in any way.