No summons from ol' Brizzy, 64 bit #132

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Prester Lewin

No summons from ol' Brizzy, 64 bit #132

Post by Prester Lewin »

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've started 2 characters with this build and haven't received the letter to meet Brizzy in either case. I can't see anything in the quest debugger for either relating to _Brisien, but I'm new to using it. One guy has been around in game for 24 days, the other (save attached) for what feels more like 24 months (I started him in #131, in fact).

Both characters are showing metladybrisienna = unused38. That's all I can see that's possibly relevant.

[I see there has been some debate about whether the tedious travel mod might have an effect on meeting Brizzy and I'm not using it or any other mod except clock, grass, sky and textures. I'm also using Jay_H's quest pack, but I only added that long after I should have met Brizzy with the character in the attached zip.]
Attachments
SAVE578.zip
(257.72 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Jay_H

Re: No summons from ol' Brizzy, 64 bit #132

Post by Jay_H »

This save file isn't running the Brisienna quest. When you started the character, did you get the yes/no prompt to start the main quest?

If you can, start a completely new character and post the save file for it.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If the save file isn't running _BRISIEN there's no chance of receiving letter. Your save isn't running the main quest backbone either (S0000999). Most likely cause is the main quest wasn't started when offered at beginning of game.

To test further, you can either start a new character and select "yes" when prompted to start main quest, or force it to begin with console command "setmqstage 1". Note this will reset all other quests and global vars.

I'll move this one to Help & Support for now.

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

Okay, false alarm. My humble apologies. I thought the offer to start the main quest meant start it now or it will kick in eventually. I should have read the dialogue box more carefully. :oops:

Feel free to delete this thread to save space, unless you want to frame it and hang it on the wall as an example of player stupidity.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm actually relieved that's all it was to be honest. Otherwise it would have been a weird quest framework bug I didn't want to face right now. :)

Happy to delete if you like, although it might be helpful for others that encountered the same issue and haven't asked the question.