Arrows branch on GitHub not working properly?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Midknightprince

Arrows branch on GitHub not working properly?

Post by Midknightprince »

So I got the arrows Branch off of GitHub yesterday and I cannot see any difference.
So I went through the code not that I understood any of it, and I noticed Arrow missile. Prefab is not in assets / prefab/ missiles in any of the builds.
Is any of this stuff relevant or is there another reason why I'm not seeing 3D arrows flying away from me ( flying at me is good too) ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Re: Arrows branch on GitHub not working properly?

Post by Interkarma »

This is a collaborative point for Allofich and myself to work together on this. If you'd like to see what Allofich has done so far, check out PR980. This will be merged to arrows branch soon and we'll continue work on this.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity/pull/980

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 am This is a collaborative point for Allofich and myself to work together on this. If you'd like to see what Allofich has done so far, check out PR980. This will be merged to arrows branch soon and we'll continue work on this.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity/pull/980
That's what I'm talking about, I saw that, and then I checked for the arrows code and it's not in there, I was wondering what the deal was because I can't see 3D arrows.
Okay I'll be watching this one on GitHub, if you want to throw me a line and let me know when you put it in that would be cool, but I'll probably catch it.
Thank you Interkarma

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

A PR is a request to pull commits from one repo branch to another. In this case I'm guessing you're grabbing the arrows branch of IKs repo which has not yet accepted to pull from Allofich's arrows branch. Download from https://github.com/Allofich/daggerfall- ... ree/arrows, or just wait and be patient. Gavin is very busy right now, and focus is on getting a stable 0.5 release out.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Midknightprince wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:03 pm That's what I'm talking about, I saw that, and then I checked for the arrows code and it's not in there, I was wondering what the deal was because I can't see 3D arrows.
I mean literally check out PR980, using GitHub Desktop for example, rather than the branch. It has the code you're looking for. :)

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:55 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:03 pm That's what I'm talking about, I saw that, and then I checked for the arrows code and it's not in there, I was wondering what the deal was because I can't see 3D arrows.
I mean literally check out PR980, using GitHub Desktop for example, rather than the branch. It has the code you're looking for. :)
Ahh I get it.
No more help, I wanna figure this stuff out.
Thanks guys :)

Midknightprince

Dude, it looks cool.
I approve of this one.
So know, I don't have to wait for you guys to commit stuff ( I hope that's the right word).

Dude, I'm making videos of this...
It is legit cool.

Midknightprince

I just merged the current master with arrows on GitHub with desktop, so have all the cool new stuff that just came out plus the arrows.
The sound is 3D and I can still see them flying through the air with a shadow, and they hit the wall with a 3-dimensional thud.

There were two things conflicting I think it's what it said, so I just took them out (I know it may mess stuff up but it's cool I'm just messing around), and I'm sorry if I'm distracting you guys with all this, but I think it's pretty cool, and I'm learning stuff.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Midknightprince wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:24 am I'm learning stuff.
Great. Learning is always good. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

I had to go back to the straight arrows Branch because the enemies would not spawn
There is something about enemy combat Behavior tweaks or something from this weekend, I think that's what it was...

So I guess I didn't merge everything correctly, but I think I get what's going on, I just have to look up some stuff on GitHub, and figure it out on my own.
And DO NOT give me permission to update the master (or whatever that thing says) EVER LOL !!!
I clicked that button, and ohh man...baaad thoughts..

P.S. You guys are going to like the arrow thing, everybody's going to like it, the enemies and you getting moved by the 3D objects doesn't bug me....