cant proceed through main quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
otaku4242

cant proceed through main quest

Post by otaku4242 »

I'm having trouble, I'm on the quest "The Emperor's Courier" seen here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:The ... 7s_Courier
and i need to find the knight in the palace in a certain town in exactly 46 days. I go there, they arent there. i cant finish the main quest if i cant go through this. is there a console command to go exactly to the next part of the main quest, which would be the orcish treaty? I already went to this part of the forum: https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=776
and it says to enter "setmqstage 5 sx010" but when i enter it in i get no result. What do I do?

Interkarma

Re: cant proceed through main quest

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

The command is just "setmqstage 5". The information following that is a summary of which quests are deployed during that stage of testing.

https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic ... =776#p9050

Each of the links like Sx012 in the above post link off to the walkthrough for that quest. This can often help navigate the quest.

I'm not aware of any issues in that quest, but haven't played it recently. I'll schedule another complete playthrough before 0.5 stable drops to make sure these all still run as scripted. If you'd like us to take a closer look at your quest directly, you could attach a zipped copy of your save and we'll take a look.

Information about where to find save games is in this post. The save path is also shown at the bottom of startup screen before pressing "play".

otaku4242

Post by otaku4242 »

id send the save file if i knew where the location of the save files were at :P
thing is i dont want to go back to doing the quest to find the werewolf for the maid, but i dont want to skip the parts of the quest that proceed freeing medora. so there is a specific part of this stage of this quest i'd like to go to

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

My reply above has the information you need to find save games. I also responded to your questions on Twitter as best I could within the character constraints.

I might just answer you here if that's OK. Twitter is great for micro blogging, but horrible for tech support. :)

BTW, I'm in Australia and about to shut down for the night. I'm sure others in the community will be more than happy to try and help also. We're a pretty friendly bunch. Good luck!

otaku4242

Post by otaku4242 »

oh whoops sorry ive been up for 20 hours lol, didnt see. and yeah thats ok, here is better
Save 14 takes place right before talking to minesera
Save 15 takes place right after talking to the lady who tells me to go to the palace after 46 days. (it says so in the log)
Attachments
saves.zip
(397.11 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The good news is the quest is definitely working normally. I loaded your SAVE15 and did the following:
  1. Travelled around for a bit to burn some time. That 46 days is a bit long, I think.
  2. Travelled to Charton and rented a room, rested the last few days. The courier will be in town for 2 more days after 46 days is up.
  3. Went to the Palace and spoke with Courier.
  4. Returned to Mynisera and handed in quest.
If you'd like to pick up from the point of the courier, I've attached a SAVE16 taken after waiting 46 days and just before speaking with courier. After you load the save, don't forget to speak with courier first before leaving the Palace - they're right in front of you when you load. :)

I'm not sure where you were coming unstuck before. You might have missed the 2-day window after 46 days, or been a bit too early. It's also difficult to find the courier inside the palace unless you know where they spawn. Those palaces and huge and confusing.

Anyway, I hope the information or attached save helps you progress. Good luck!
Attachments
SAVE16.zip
(297.17 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

otaku4242

Post by otaku4242 »

thats...weird. i did it three and never did the person show up. I even looked up the daggerfall calander on uesp to make sure i was getting the date correct...weird. well thank you.

Levethian

Post by Levethian »

I made the mistake of loitering in the Palace to wait for the Emperor's Courier, and she hasn't turned up.

Is there a console command to set the in-game date, or to complete this stage of the main quest?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

EDIT: I don't know what I'm talking about. :lol:
Last edited by mikeprichard on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just a heads up that "setmqstage" has been removed from the game.

If the quest has already been failed and has terminated, then you can restart The Emperor's Courier again using the console command:

Code: Select all

startquest S0000012
You can check if the old quest is still active using the quest debugger (LeftShift+Tab then use [ and ] to cycle through active quests). Use "enddebugquest" with the old instance selected to terminate it.

Even if the old instance hasn't ended, I think you'll be able to just start the new instance anyway in this case and replay the quest.