Mages Guild quest - no assassin

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
johnwax

Mages Guild quest - no assassin

Post by johnwax »

#138 X32 - This has happened twice. I get the mage guild quests to kill an assassin in some dungeon. I'm teleported there by a guild member and promptly start searching. I explore fairly thoroughly and kill a bunch of monsters, but no assassin. I finally give up and use the console tele2qspawn, but there is no spawn marker. Even tried tele2qitem with no joy.

Jay_H

Re: Mages Guild quest - no assassin

Post by Jay_H »

This is with a custom quest, right? The enemy will spawn after a period of time. Just keep resting until it happens.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

I rested for about 16 hours and no joy. How long does it normally take?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The spawn trigger begins anywhere between 4 and 25 hours after you arrive in the dungeon. Then it follows this command:

Code: Select all

create foe _enemy_ every 5 minutes indefinitely with 10% success
This means that, so long as the quest is running and you are inside the dungeon, a qualifying enemy will appear eventually. Every 5 minutes in-game has a 10% chance of spawning this enemy.

One possibility is that you did slay the enemy but for some reason didn't see the victory message. Perhaps the quest is already finished.

If you're camping in a very enclosed area I believe that can reduce spawning rates.

If all that fails, you can check quest diagnostics to see what's gone wrong. Interkarma's guide to using it should be sufficient for now. If you take screenshots of the information on "Weaponized Teleportation" that should explain what's going on.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for this report also. Please let me know name of quest and we'll be more than happy to look into it. Jay has already provided link to quest debugger information.

I'll move this one into Help & Support until we have more to go on.