Quest issues

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
johnwax

Quest issues

Post by johnwax »

#139 X32 - Two quest issues that are real problems for me.

First - Had a 'kill the bad guy' quest but couldn't find him (even using the console). Was told he could show up to 24 hours after my arrival at the dungeon. Rested for over 30 hours and still no show. Found some good stuff, so decided to not complete the quest. Now the quest stays in my log and subsequent quest logs have disappeared after i've travelled to the new quest location. It seems that you cannot 'not complete' a quest without consequences (other than a hit in your guild rep).

Second - I am to find a baddie in a town and kill him. I go to the town and start talking to people to find the baddie. The usual has been to click 'general' under 'where is' and the name will pop up. No so. There is no 'general' category, only 'regional' which gives a list of guilds and temples.. Frustrating!!

Hazelnut

Re: Quest issues

Post by Hazelnut »

Please could you provide more info. What quests were they? (use quest debugger to find the quest filename) What do you mean by "you cannot 'not complete' a quest"?

Quests are not all fully functioning yet, but it's useful to be gathering data about what is not working. Unfortunately your report doesn't give enough info to help with this.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Re: Quest issues

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for the report. :) As Hazelnut says, it will be most helpful to know which quests you're having trouble with. The following link has a primer on the quest debugger so you can see the name and state of quests running in your game.

https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic ... 5252#p5252

When logging bugs for quests, the subject should be something descriptive rather than just "quest issues". Following is an example bug report for a fictional quest that communicates more information in the topic header.

"Build #138 - Quest M0B00Y49: Target NPC does not spawn"

It also helps to attach a save game. This can help us look at the quest state exactly as you're experiencing it and go from there.

I'll move this one into Help & Support until we have more information to work with.