Mynisera letter quest - no messenger site

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
johnwax

Mynisera letter quest - no messenger site

Post by johnwax »

#139 X32 - I'm running an imported char and have used the console startquest command. Got the quest letters from Lhotun, Morgiah and Queen Aki. Did the Lhotun and Cyndassa quests, no problem. Got the 'find the messenger' quest from Mynisera. Was to go to Penbrone and find the messenger at the castle. Got to Penbrone - its a village with no castle, no messenger and isn't even shown on the map! The information (I) key says I'm in Penbrone and I'm healthy. I'm attaching a save.
Attachments
SAVE43.zip
(247.91 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Interkarma

Re: Mynisera letter quest - no messenger site

Post by Interkarma »

I'm not aware of any issues with this quest. I only played through it a couple of weeks ago.

I will investigate your save and advise. Until then, moving to help and support until confirmed as a bug.

pango

Post by pango »

Queen's Castle is the name of the tavern in Penbrone.
Queen's Castle.jpg
Queen's Castle.jpg (209.6 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

Oops! Sorry!

One different quest issue that has griped me. This had happened multiple times, but I never posted about it because it did not affect the quest outcome. I accept a quest to kill a rogue mage. I'm told that a local man wants to talk to me before I go to the quest dungeon. I can never find the person and he doesn't come up in the conversation tree when I talk to local citizens. I give up and go the dungeon, kill the mage and complete the quest. Any comment?

Thanks for your help and sorry again to waste your time on my dumb error. :(