Bug causing menu and in game UI/Text to become invisible

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Interkarma

Re: Bug causing menu and in game UI/Text to become invisible

Post by Interkarma »

Hey! Thanks for the screenshots and logs. No, definitely not your machine, it's just a game data issue. Seems most prevalent with the Anthology edition. That's why using known-good game data like DaggerfallGameFiles.zip can help.

Looking at the logs, the problem in both cases is not being able to access MASK04I0.IMG, part of the spell icon setup which is done at GUI init. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the Anthology to test with. It would be great if someone could send me a cloud link to a zip of Anthology's Daggerfall deployment so I can inspect the differences between that and standard setups.

This is probably the main issue of requiring end users to provide their own data files. There are multiple versions of the game out there. Some aren't even patched to .213, and some have been modified in unexpected ways by language packs, etc. It remains a moving target for now.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I think I've found the issue. Appreciate all the screenshots and log information you've provided Apocrypher00. :)

Apocrypher00

Post by Apocrypher00 »

No problem, just happy I could contribute.