Where is Real Grass 2.31

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
johnwax

Where is Real Grass 2.31

Post by johnwax »

I understand ver 2.31 for Real Grass has been released. I run Win x32 with a quad 13.4 gb total cpu and 8 gb ram. Using 2.0 crashes when I try to load an outside save or try to go outside after loading an inside save. (Sometimes the game grunts a lot trying to load, before it crashes). I'm hoping that 2.31 will help, but I can't find it. Anyone know where I can download?

Interkarma

Re: Where is Real Grass 2.31

Post by Interkarma »

It's in the Real Grass topic in Released Mods. :)

https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=964

By the way - you claim to have 8GB of RAM on a 32-bit Windows platform, but 32-bit Windows can only address up to 4GB RAM. If your system is actually addressing all 8GB, then you have 64-bit Windows.

pango

Post by pango »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:56 pm By the way - you claim to have 8GB of RAM on a 32-bit Windows platform, but 32-bit Windows can only address up to 4GB RAM. If your system is actually addressing all 8GB, then you have 64-bit Windows.
Oh my, I was about to say that thanks to PAE the limitation is in fact 64GB, but for all customer grade version of Windows it seems to be the case... I'm spoiled by Linux ;)
Anyway, the limit available to a single process on a 32bit system is indeed 4GB (usually slightly less)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

pango wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:36 pm
Interkarma wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:56 pm By the way - you claim to have 8GB of RAM on a 32-bit Windows platform, but 32-bit Windows can only address up to 4GB RAM. If your system is actually addressing all 8GB, then you have 64-bit Windows.
Oh my, I was about to say that thanks to PAE the limitation is in fact 64GB, but for all customer grade version of Windows it seems to be the case... I'm spoiled by Linux ;)
Anyway, the limit available to a single process on a 32bit system is indeed 4GB (usually slightly less)
You can effectively increase your RAM on 32-bit Windows. Some RAMDisk software can address the remaining memory, even if Windows can't; you then move your swap file onto your new RAMDisk. This still doesn't increase the 4GB limit for a single process, though, and any program which has to swap from RAMDisk <-> RAM will still be slowed down. Just not nearly as much.

Note: I did this, years back, on a dual-boot system.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.