Was briefly awakened with "You fold up your map and put it away"

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Narf the Mouse

Was briefly awakened with "You fold up your map and put it away"

Post by Narf the Mouse »

But there's no apparent change in my inventory. Ideas?
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Re: Was briefly awakened with "You fold up your map and put it away"

Post by Jay_H »

That's the Perpetual Quest pack. I've added that as a dud message. Each segment can pick one of 7 quests, and the 7th is the dud: no quest is chosen. I mainly implemented this as a diagnostic to show that the quest pack is still working but I can see confusion being born of this soon, so I'll probably remove it.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Was briefly awakened with "You fold up your map and put it away"

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:56 pm That's the Perpetual Quest pack. I've added that as a dud message. Each segment can pick one of 7 quests, and the 7th is the dud: no quest is chosen. I mainly implemented this as a diagnostic to show that the quest pack is still working but I can see confusion being born of this soon, so I'll probably remove it.
Thanks; that clarifies it. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.