Midi information in debug not showing

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Kepling

Midi information in debug not showing

Post by Kepling »

Tested in 0.0.6 and 0.1.1, though 0.0.6 testing was not as extensive and only to make sure that 0.1.1 didn't break it.

I've been trying to pay attention to the midi tracks while I run around the world so I better understand how they run into each other. For the most part I've been running around the overworld so I haven't noticed this issue until recently.

The issue is that the midi information in the debug info only displays in the general area(overworld, building, or dungeon) where the 1st game is started(new or saved).

I started a game from a saved game in the overworld like usual and I noticed that the midi info didn't display when I entered any building or dungeon, but displayed properly when I went back to the overworld. I then made a save in a building and restarted the game, and the midi info didn't display in either the overworld or any dungeon while it was fine in any building. Repeated the process in a dungeon, and it was fine in any dungeon but not the overworld or any building. The dungeon test was done with both a saved game and a new game in Privateers Hold. If the 1st save loaded was in the overworld and I later loaded a save in a dungeon without exiting the game only the overworld would display the midi info properly.

Interkarma

Re: Midi information in debug not showing

Post by Interkarma »

Are you enabling the MIDI debug information from scene in Unity editor or using some other method?

If you're working with Unity editor, there is a MIDI song player inside each major parent (exterior, interior, dungeon) that each route songs to the synth when enabled. This was done to prevent the music from randomizing or restarting every time the player left a building to go back outside. The "show debug info" will need to be ticked for each of these song players.

If you're enabling from some other method, let me know. I will see that it's fixed to enable the song player debug info in all contexts.

LypyL

Re: Midi information in debug not showing

Post by LypyL »

I suspect he's using the console command to turn on the debug strings ("tdbg"), that emulates the toggle from ExplorereMode I think it was. The issue is due to there being multiple songplayers as you pointed out, so if you turn debug strings on outside and go inside or the other way around, you lose the midi info.

If that is the case, the workaround is to open the console and toggle debug info off and back on again.