Level progress and skill increase information

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
blackie

Level progress and skill increase information

Post by blackie »

Hi,
Is there a way to view the log of all previous skill increases or get an information about current level progress? The skill increase messages disappear quickly and I don't have time to read and analyze them, especially when there are enemies nearby.

I would like to know how far am I to level increase, something like the progress bar in Morrowind. Could be a console command, but I didn't find it in the list of commands. Could this option be added if not available now?

Sorry if the answer is obvious. I'm not an experienced DF player, but enjoy playing DF Unity, and played vanilla DF for some time. Great to see its potential being unlocked!

pango

Re: Level progress and skill increase information

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums blackie!
blackie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:17 am Hi,
Is there a way to view the log of all previous skill increases or get an information about current level progress? The skill increase messages disappear quickly and I don't have time to read and analyze them, especially when there are enemies nearby.
Not yet. In next build the messages should scroll away smoothly and that should make them slightly easier to read, but that's about it. I was thinking about adding "Messages" page to the Active Quests / Finished Quests / Dialog Notes cycles, with just one or two pages of the last messages, but nothing is done yet.
In classic, skills recently increased show up in a different color in your character sheet, I don't remember if this is implemented in DFU (I can't test at the moment).
blackie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:17 am I would like to know how far am I to level increase, something like the progress bar in Morrowind. Could be a console command, but I didn't find it in the list of commands. Could this option be added if not available now?
There has been a similar request not so long ago.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

blackie

Post by blackie »

pango wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 am Welcome to the forums blackie!
Thanks!
pango wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 am I was thinking about adding "Messages" page to the Active Quests / Finished Quests / Dialog Notes cycles, with just one or two pages of the last messages, but nothing is done yet.
That is actually what I looked for in the game interface. I think it would be logical to have it there.
pango wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 am There has been a similar request not so long ago.
Sorry, I searched before posting, but not in the Mods section. I especially like the idea of clicking the level bar in the character sheet to see the the progress.
So this thread can be deleted as duplicate or moved to Mods & Features section.

pango

Post by pango »

pango wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 am In classic, skills recently increased show up in a different color in your character sheet, I don't remember if this is implemented in DFU (I can't test at the moment).
That was not, so I created a PR
pango wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 am I was thinking about adding "Messages" page to the Active Quests / Finished Quests / Dialog Notes cycles, with just one or two pages of the last messages
... and another
-- Charles Goodhart

blackie

Post by blackie »

Just found that changes from the PR's are in the March build. Thanks Pango and Interkarma!

Is level progress information in plans?

pango

Post by pango »

The Loading Screen mod has a leveling bar, that can be used as a stopgap measure. Nothing for skills yet.
-- Charles Goodhart