Two Quest bugged games

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jayhova

Two Quest bugged games

Post by jayhova »

One game the quest runs fine but the name used does not render properly in the notes.

The other I am unable to click on the person in the quest
Attachments
SAVE14 (2).zip
(171.14 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
SAVE16.zip
(230.5 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Jay_H

Re: Two Quest bugged games

Post by Jay_H »

For the first quest I don't see any note or active quests besides the main quest backbone and the haunting of Daggerfall.

The second one is the mummy finger quest. It can't be completed by giving it away. There's a note in your equipment that'll explain what's going on.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I was confused by the fact that the character you're supposed to give the package to is completely unresponsive. You cannot interact with that character at all.

The second one was a bugged variable quest. But frankly that seems to be rather common that instead of getting a word I get something like UKN[GARBAGE] or something. Let me see if I zipped up the wrong save.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Since it's classic, it's Interkarma's decision on whether to alter it. If we did, I'd add a dialogue for the red herring like:

"Hello? Yes, I know _qgiver_ but I don't know anything about a package. I'd rather not accept anything from a stranger. Perhaps you should re-read what %g1 gave you and see what the fuss is about?"

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I concur. I just didn't look at the package and thought it strange the recipient was just unresponsive. Then I got another quest to talk to "My master xyz" (probably an orc shaman in disguise) and they were not in the inn. Shrug. It looks like I've been seeing a lot of variables lately instead of what they are pointing to. I'm gonna just start screenshotting them.