Feature change for members of knightly orders

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jayhova

Feature change for members of knightly orders

Post by jayhova »

I've noticed in recent builds the behavior for knights of orders that get free rooms now have to rent the rooms. In previous builds you could simply rest in the inn and not have to rent the room. I really liked that as a QOL change. Though the current behavior is in line with classic. Not sure where i should have posted this, but I put it here. Feel free to move this post if you think it should go somewhere else.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Interkarma

Re: Feature change for members of knightly orders

Post by Interkarma »

I believe this matches classic and the previous behaviour was a bug rather than an intentional QoL improvement. I'll leave this one to Hazelnut to comment further as he's most involved with guild services.

If you're not sure if something is a bug or not, then Help & Support is the best place. Check the bug report guidelines for some tips around making good bug reports. :)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Roger!
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think that was due to a bug allowing rest when it shouldn't. You still have to talk to the innkeeper, ya can't just waltz in and dive into a bed without a word... that's just rude! :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods