Broken elevator arm

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
ararat

Broken elevator arm

Post by ararat »

my version PreAlpha 0.7.65 (03-Mar-2019)
Quest: The Werebeast

Google: Not far from the monster on assignment (the werewolf, Kindassa's brother) there is an elevator (located in a wide room with three battlamages, in front of the elevator below are treasures). I climbed it, killed the desired werewolf, but on the way back I press the lever, and the elevator does not respond. Because of this, I cannot get out of the dungeon and, accordingly, fulfill the main task. What is interesting, along with the breakdown of the elevator, the revolving door, which is also nearby, has ceased to open. What should I do? Is there any cheat code for building?

Yandex: Not far from the monster at work (the werewolf, brother Kindasa) there is a lift (located in a wide room with three of battlemages, in front of the Elevator at the bottom are the treasures). I climbed it, killed the right werewolf, but on the way back I press the lever, and the Elevator does not respond. Because of this, I can't get out of the dungeon and, accordingly, perform the main task. Interestingly, along with the breakdown of the Elevator stopped opening and rotating the door, which is also nearby. What am I to do? Is there a cheat code to build?
Attachments
5jtJVLN4bGM.jpg
5jtJVLN4bGM.jpg (235.58 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
tT6RcB4iHrk.jpg
tT6RcB4iHrk.jpg (771.47 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
BAXiSVn3004.jpg
BAXiSVn3004.jpg (312.57 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

pango

Re: Broken elevator arm

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums ararat!

Yes, I got stuck in this situation once.
I don't know if there's a legitimate way out if you didn't set a teleportation anchor beforehand. Daggerfall doesn't try very hard to be fair, so it's quite possible there's no issue.
Either way, I didn't want to spend too much time on investigating this, so I cheated my way out using the "tele2exit" command.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Broken elevator arm

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

I suspect it's part of a multi-action puzzle rather than the lift being broken. Or sometimes it will trap you intentionally and you need to look for another way out (e.g. find a teleporter object or another secret exit). As Pango said, DF doesn't try very hard to be fair.

But it could still be a bug and I'm happy to inspect the action records. If you don't have a save handy in that spot, I can probably still find it from your screenshots (it will just be faster with a save).