Isues seen during Calyptic G streams

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
mikeprichard

Re: Isues seen during Calyptic G streams

Post by mikeprichard »

True, in this unique case.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

pango wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 pmJigabot only clicked on Cyndassa door once, so it's unclear whether he understood that the door could be opened...
Which is why clicking doors should always open them. The message should display when the player gets near the door, not when he clicks on it. Info messages appear when the player enters a city or dungeon zone in the wilderness, and this can work the same way. This is just bad design on daggerfall's part.

As for the door having a consequence, it's made pretty clear that you're not allowed to stray from the main chamber. I'm not sure why the guards don't attack you for both doors. I mean, would it have killed them to lock Mynisera's to make this more clear? There's no need for prompts, but that would've worked too.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

pango wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 pm Exiting a building inside the building (game data related?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c67Z7aTUBs&t=1794
Not a Klein bottle building :)
I went there and tried this, worked fine for me. It's a rooftop exit. Only issue I saw with this building was a double door. (2 doors in same doorway)
pango wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 pm Drinking a potion of purification -> "You are invisible"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c67Z7aTUBs&t=7753
Scorpion stops attacking, so maybe he's really invisible
Yep, that potion cures, heals, and makes you invisible. Was a bugger to implement actually since it's so different from all other potions.
pango wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 pm You can no longer find alternate material arrows in shops, but can still find some in loot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c67Z7aTUBs&t=7808
The issue was silly priced arrows, so this doesn't worry me much. They will get converted into normal ones when stacks combine anyway. I will submit a fix though as it could be confusing for eagle eyed players.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 am
I know what's happening here. He's got his bindings flipped so that mouse0 is swing and mouse1 is activate. But gui and message window stuff don't honor these bindings, they're hard-coded to use mouse0. So his rapid clicking of mouse0 to swing is closing the window before he sees it.

This is a weird problem. I don't think people who bind like this this necessarily want to right-click or keypress in the ui. So I think click-through windows will need a 2 second timer where they can't be closed. Or we can just tell people not to bind swing to mouse0.
Just saw a totally different streamer, but that also reversed the mouse buttons because he chose click-to-attack and it felt much more natural to left click to attack.

So I suspect a lot of people will swap buttons, just because of click-to-attack option...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Left click to attack is going to be a lot more intuitive for many modern gamers (even though the player's primary weapon displays on the right side of the screen). Sort of related to this, I'm still really hoping there will be a DFU feature set/mod down the road that replaces the old "interaction mode" mechanics with a much more convenient and intuitive context-based left/right-click system.