Save Editing?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
ZuTheSkunk

Save Editing?

Post by ZuTheSkunk »

Hi!

I've been really enjoying the game so far, but there are some things about it that were bothering me and which I hoped I could fix for myself by editing the saves, since I found out that those are made up of simple TXT files with the various values clearly laid out.

I was able to edit the values of stats and skills already, but there's one value I wasn't able to find: namely, max encumbrance. I wanted to drastically increase it, but I can't find the corresponding value in SaveData.txt. Can I kindly ask for assistance?

Interkarma

Re: Save Editing?

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Max encumbrance is a secondary stat from STR * 1.5 (e.g. 100 STR equals 150 max encumbrance). Like a lot of secondary stats, it's determined by the formula system rather than a fixed value.

It's possible to increase max encumbrance through enchantments (once item maker is fully online). Someone could also mod in a custom formula mod that returns a really high multiplier for encumbrance, or a custom spell effect that does the same job.