Stretched or repeating textures

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
King of Worms

Re: Stretched or repeating textures

Post by King of Worms » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Thanks for update .)
Are u able to do texture swaps as well? I think these are completely wrong textures... but even if you cant, just aligning them to be horizontal/vertical will help. I can send a save..
01.jpg
And this one... I thought theres a wrong texture, but found out I can levitate thru the darkness up, so the model is missing...
02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ferital

Post by Ferital » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm

Yes I can fix wrong textures, like the city gates floor which uses a dungeon wall texture instead of a floor texture. This is rather easy as it only requires patching a word (i.e. two bytes) of data. For your example, could you add a save?

However, fixing missing models is not currently an option as the only thing I can do is patching BSA files offsets at runtime. Apart from your example, there is a missing portion of the Aldingwall cemetery hedge. I'll try to maintain a list of these missing models in case we find a way to fix them in the future.

pango

Post by pango » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Stretched texture in Castle Faallem, Sentinel:
Screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Lesser issue (but less standard) in a "pyramid" module:
Screenshot.jpg
Looks like they used the wrong texture or something. The symetric texture (on the other side of the stairs) is also wrong.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Frontage of alchemist, right in the marketplace of Daggerfall.
I was almost sure it was already reported, but couldn't find any proof of that, so here it is...
Screenshot.jpg
-- Charles Goodhart

Ferital

Post by Ferital » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Thanks for these reports pango. I already had the castle bridge on my todo list. I was also aware of the repeating texture on the right side of this house entrance, an issue which is not present in classic. It could be processed using my current UV unpacking method, however this would also cause side effects on other model panels, such as some house roofs I fixed months ago. So I'll fix the house using my runtime patch method, it will be better.