0.7.65 MobilePersonBillboard IndexOutOfRangeException

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
numidium3rd

0.7.65 MobilePersonBillboard IndexOutOfRangeException

Post by numidium3rd »

When walking around a town the game will sometimes throw an exception. I am able to reproduce this most reliably by going to Daggerfall City and walking to the outside corner of the city walls. Note that I do have AndyFall (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:AndyFall) installed which alters the some of the graphics. It's possible that it may be related to the issue.

Here's my stack trace:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
DaggerfallWorkshop.MobilePersonBillboard.UpdatePerson (Int32 orientation) (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/MobilePersonBillboard.cs:468)
DaggerfallWorkshop.MobilePersonBillboard.UpdateOrientation () (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/MobilePersonBillboard.cs:412)
DaggerfallWorkshop.MobilePersonBillboard.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/MobilePersonBillboard.cs:157)

Interkarma

Re: 0.7.65 MobilePersonBillboard IndexOutOfRangeException

Post by Interkarma »

Please test with a clean set of game data, such as a default install of DaggerfallSetup, or known-good DaggerfallGameFiles.zip from Live Builds. Cheers. :)

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:09 pm Please test with a clean set of game data, such as a default install of DaggerfallSetup, or known-good DaggerfallGameFiles.zip from Live Builds. Cheers. :)
Just tested it with a clean setup and now the bug isn't occurring. Apologies, I should have tried that before making this post. :?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's interesting Andyfall does this, it must change one of the anim counts in a way DFU doesn't handle.

It's hard to support every way that people might modify their game data, so my rule of thumb is only support classic patched to .213. Although many of the texture mods and data fixes don't cause any problems for DFU.