SoundFont Works on Intro Screen, Silent in-game.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Adrinus

SoundFont Works on Intro Screen, Silent in-game.

Post by Adrinus »

I have tried a number of soundfonts in the past to great success, unfortunately, in version 0.7.120 They don't seem to work.

If you set the soundfont, it'll load just fine, and the settings splash-screen plays with the new soundfont. However, in-game, there's no music. All other sounds work just fine. I've tested this with a number of soundfonts, including those that had worked in past builds.

Am I missing some new step to initialize them?

In case anyone is looking to test or just wants The Best* Soundfont: https://archive.org/details/SonatinaSym ... chestraSF2

*Soundfont not guaranteed to be the best, but honest engines: it's fantastic

Interkarma

Re: SoundFont Works on Intro Screen, Silent in-game.

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for letting me know. Something might have broken custom soundfont support.

I'm dropping bug-fix builds this weekend, if I can track down issue quickly, I'll include fix in these builds.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've looked at the link you provided, and the download zip appears to include one SF2 file per instrument bank? Could you please clarify which SF2 file you are using?

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

It should just be called Sonatina_Symphonic_Orchestra.sf2 like that. I dunno how you ended up with more than one option? I downloaded the zip,, and it was in there. I'm downloading it again now to just verify...

EDIT: well, I'll be! You're right... That's confusing... I'll look into it further, but any soundfont causes the issue.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Found the exact link I used to get mine: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... =drive_web

Sorry for the confusion.