Atlas & Wrong location

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
LypyL

Atlas & Wrong location

Post by LypyL »

Atlas - It seems to be missing a large number of locations. I'll start keeping track of locations that I come across that seem to be missing.

Bad Locations - While testing out some changes I made to the jet script, I got a location alert for "Warvale, (Dragontail Mountains)" - the only problem is I was in Daggerfall!

I tried using the find location on in the editor and found Dragontail Mountains/Warvale points to the Daggerfall location, and Daggerfall/Warvale isn't found at all.

edit: Here is a screencap:

Interkarma

Re: Atlas & Wrong location

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the bug report. Probably just collisions in the dictionary due to a bad key calculation somewhere. I will check it out.

For the Atlas issue, I'll just a need a few examples of missing locations. That should be enough for me to reproduce and fix the issue.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

On closer inspection of the Atlas, it seems to be the same issue (actually it might be the cause!) - the provinces have the wrong locations...It's no wonder I couldn't find the locations I was looking for :lol:

One thing I discovered is that everything "in game" appears to works properly until I access the atlas - the streaming world editor window can find locations correctly, and I can teleport to the preset locations. But as soon as I open up the atlas, all the locations get messed up so I need to find them using the wrong provinces, like Dragontail Mountains/Daggerfall to find Daggerfall city, and it's not possible to teleport to the preset locations anymore as I'm guessing their names can't be found. And of course that's what caused the messed up location alert above - I had opened up the atlas.

Here's a gif just in case you think I'm hallucinating or trying to pull a lame day after april fools joke :D

https://gfycat.com/MildQuaintGiraffe

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nice catch, no doubt I've done something silly. Will make sure it gets fixed. :D

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

The bug here if I'm correct seems to be caused by the

Code: Select all

System.Array.Sort(regionNames);
lines in AtlasEditorWindow class, which are apparently not just sorting the regionNames array in the AtlastEditorWindow, but also the original string array from MapsFiles.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ack! Thanks for tracking this down. :) I'll get this fixed up before 1.3.