NPC's shunning and being treated like a vagabond.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
truearistocracy

NPC's shunning and being treated like a vagabond.

Post by truearistocracy »

Every time i talk to Npc'S they always talk to me like i am the scum of the earth and will not help me. The only way i have circumvented the impossibility to attain answers from them is to make my main skill streetwise. While this works in the meantime i would like to not have that as a major skill. It also destroys the immersion as even people from your own race disrespect you.

Jay_H

Re: NPC's shunning and being treated like a vagabond.

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :) Your post lacks a few key elements from the bug reporting guidelines. I'll move it to Help and Support until we can get the missing pieces.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Maybe something to do with this bug (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1979)? But yeah, more info would be helpful.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

In my new game recently started, I noticed people being unfriendly, however, I attributed it to one of the first quests I came across, asking to murder someone for money. I took the job and completed it. After I killed the target, I stole a few things from their cabinets. However, none of these nefarious actions drew the attention of guards, so I figured I was in the clear. It says in the eyes of the law I am pond scum. How bout yours?

I just checked an older save, from before I did the paid murder and I was considered a common citizen, so it must have been that quest that drastically changed the status. That or it was my theft, or both.

Have you done anything similarly nefarious and didnt get caught by guards so you assumed you were innocent?

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

My understanding is that the abrasiveness of people is a known issue and will likely be tweaked to be more like classic in future.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm not sure about that. Interkarma recently said it looks pretty finished.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I wonder if when the OP created their character that they tooks points away from personality to boost something else.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, I was hoping for some more information, like character stats or something :( We'll have to see if it comes later.