Unable To Turn While Attacking.[SOLVED]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

Unable To Turn While Attacking.[SOLVED]

Post by Teralitha »

In classic daggerfall you could turn and move even while swinging your weapon, but in this unity version turning is frozen until the weapon has completed its swing. It does not appear that the AI suffers from this either.

Actually turning is halted by just holding down the mouse button even when not attacking. Can this be fixed? It is incredibly annoying.

EDIT: Just to save people time reading everything:
Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 am I can't reproduce this.
I can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k75tkTr ... e=youtu.be

Now you have something to fix.
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jay_H

Re: Unable To Turn/Move While Attacking.

Post by Jay_H »

Teralitha wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:58 pm In classic daggerfall you could turn and move even while swinging your weapon, but in this unity version all movement is frozen until the weapon has completed its swing. It does not appear that the AI suffers from this either.
I can't reproduce this.

In classic, while swinging:

Turn: No
Move: Yes

In DFU, while swinging:

It all appears to work the same for me.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 am I can't reproduce this.
I can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k75tkTr ... e=youtu.be

Now you have something to fix.

BTW, does anyone know how to bring up the portrait and buttons in the unity version? I cant figure it out.

mikeprichard

Re: Unable To Turn While Attacking.

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Now you have something to fix.
Maybe not. I can turn and move in both DFU and Daggerfall while swinging a weapon. Hope you can sort it out.
Teralitha wrote: BTW, does anyone know how to bring up the portrait and buttons in the unity version? I cant figure it out.
Hit ESC, then click "Controls". Not sure what you mean by the "portrait", but your inventory key can be configured there.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 am
Teralitha wrote: Now you have something to fix.
Maybe not. I can turn and move in both DFU and Daggerfall while swinging a weapon. Hope you can sort it out.
Teralitha wrote: BTW, does anyone know how to bring up the portrait and buttons in the unity version? I cant figure it out.
Hit ESC, then click "Controls". Not sure what you mean by the "portrait", but your inventory key can be configured there.

Jay_H who posted above indicated that he is unable to move while attacking. Seems there is some inconsistency in the reports.

its possible you have not played classic daggerfall then if you are not familiar with the portraits and buttons.
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Jay_H might have misunderstood your post. I wouldn't assume he was intentionally lying. He's been around here for years, and has been quite helpful. FYI.

The "portrait" appears in several places, depending on what you're referring to - character sheet, inventory paper doll, etc. If you're talking about the quarter-screen classic HUD, that's one of the last things yet to be implemented in DFU from classic. See here if you're confused about what's left to do: https://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dag ... y/roadmap/

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:05 am
In classic, while swinging:

In DFU, while swinging:

It all appears to work the same for me.
It would appear he understood perfectly. He was just wrong.
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

OK.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I did figure it out. In classic, you would turn off fullscreen mode to get the portrait and buttons. In unity it actually just changes from fullscreen to windowed. So I guess they removed the portrait/button view.

Or havent implemented it yet, as you said. I wasnt aware this project was only partially finished. Thanks for the link.
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yes, I'm familiar with classic. As noted in the regularly updated DFU roadmap I linked, that feature will be added in alpha.