What Happened To 'The Copperston Crypts" ?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

What Happened To 'The Copperston Crypts" ?

Post by Teralitha »

This was my favorite place to go after leaving the starter dungeon to make money in classic daggerfall. Its either not visible by default or its gone altogether from the unity version. Was it changed to a dungeon that has to be found by map? Or is it removed?

mikeprichard

Re: What Happened To 'The Copperston Crypts" ?

Post by mikeprichard »

No dungeons were removed.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Well it was in the classic daggerfall, and its not in unity. Sheesh do I have to make a video to prove everything?

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHa6YRV ... e=youtu.be

I dont want to say you are wrong, but you can actually see several dungeons missing when you compare the maps. Maybe you did implement all the dungeons, but for some reason, they are not all appearing on the map. And this is a brand new character in both daggerfall versions, without any or maybe 1 or 2 maps found in the starter dungeon at most. Do you believe me, or do I have to make a video to prove that too?

If there are so many dungeons missing from just the small snippet of daggerfall, it stands to reason there may be dozens if not hundreds of missing dungeons on the entire world map.
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

When it comes to small graveyard and crypts, there's a mix of both visible and hidden locations of this type the start of each game. The selection process for which are hidden by default diverges in DFU as classic's selection process for revealing crypts isn't known. In this case, your graveyard of choice is hidden by default in DFU and visible by default in classic.

If you don't want to visit a different graveyard/crypt instead, you can show all hidden locations by opening the console with tilde/backquote key and entering "map_reveallocations" (without quotes) to temporarily show all hidden locations. Then you can travel to the Copperston Crypts normally. Once you arrive, it will be marked in your discovered locations for that character.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ah, there you go. Again, not removed. Interkarma's the original and main DFU developer, by the way. I'm just some guy.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Nah thats ok, I dont use console cheats in any game. Its enough to know the dungeons still exist, and can still be discovered through normal gameplay. Thanks for the explanation.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:15 am Ah, there you go. Again, not removed. Interkarma's the original and main DFU developer, by the way. I'm just some guy.
You should let them answer the queries then, instead of frustrating people like me.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I was trying to help, and provided a correct response. No dungeons were removed.
Last edited by mikeprichard on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Well, it was a correct response, just not a useful one, but thanks for trying. Good luck.