Use open spell quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ommamar

Use open spell quest

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Re: Use open spell quest

Post by Jay_H »

What quest is it?

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you. I can see there's a regression of some kind causing an exception here in talk manager after accepting or declining certain quests. I'll dig in and issue a fix when I can.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:29 am Thank you. I can see there's a regression of some kind causing an exception here in talk manager after accepting or declining certain quests. I'll dig in and issue a fix when I can.
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I think this is related to the regression, so I'll just post it here so that you can verify it works before posting the hotfix build. The final npc that spawns in the DB initiation quest isn't clickable.
SAVE20.zip
(181.66 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ommamar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:25 am Thanks for you time and effort Interkarma!
No problems. :) I also found an issue with handing in N0B00Y16 (open a chest quest). That quest requires more attention. Have tagged Jay for his help.

BansheeXYZ wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:32 am I think this is related to the regression, so I'll just post it here so that you can verify it works before posting the hotfix build. The final npc that spawns in the DB initiation quest isn't clickable.
SAVE20.zip
Edit: Looking at this save, your character still have the poisoned decanter. You'll need to drop this item at the target's house to complete quest. Travel back to The Kinghart Residence in Buckington Court and drop the vial somewhere inside that house. The quest should complete then.

-- End the quest here until quest system supports finding _darkbmember_
@Jay_H - Is locating _darkbmember_ working now? There were some recent changes by Nystul that might have fixed this. It seems BansheeXYZ found his way there at the end, but just hadn't dropped the decanter beforehand.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Ok, sorry. I did forget the decanter drop. It's been a long time since I've done this quest.

There's still a few issues, though. I created a fresh character and fresh save to be sure. When you drop the poisoned decanter, the message from that final npc fires and welcomes you to the guild. It's supposed to fire when you travel to and click that npc (per the questlog instructions). Also, once you become a member, the DB buildings fail to get labelled when you enter town. Even if you enter and leave the building, it still doesn't label it.

This save is with the letter that starts the quest. Click the letter and go through the steps to verify my report.
SAVE1.zip
(206.54 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's a shortcut Jay implemented to ensure the quest actually completes. I think now that final NPC can be located, Jay can probably restore this again if he's happy. That's why I mentioned him above and asked about this. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Actually that was me who did that shortcut - so that joining the DB was actually possible and testable. Don't blame Jay for it! :lol:

I'll take responsibility and look if I get some time this week and if Jay doesn't sort it out first.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods