Disabled mod breaking city layout?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Interkarma

Disabled mod breaking city layout?

Post by Interkarma »

Zeta on Twitter just reported that when he has DREAM installed, but disabled in mod settings, the building layout is breaking. He provided a video showing the issue here.

Layout works fine with mod removed completely, or with mod enabled. But installed and disabled results in this for him. I've asked if he can narrow it down to one part DREAM in particular.

EDIT: Zeta has narrowed it down to DREAM - SOUND.

I think this is likely an issue in the game framework though rather than an issue in DREAM itself, of course.

King of Worms

Re: Disabled mod breaking city layout?

Post by King of Worms »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:49 am Zeta on Twitter just reported that when he has DREAM installed, but disabled in mod settings, the building layout is breaking. He provided a video showing the issue here.

Layout works fine with mod removed completely, or with mod enabled. But installed and disabled results in this for him. I've asked if he can narrow it down to one part DREAM in particular.

EDIT: Zeta has narrowed it down to DREAM - SOUND.

I think this is likely an issue in the game framework though rather than an issue in DREAM itself, of course.
Hi, thats exactly what I was thinking about yesterday. I disabled SOUNDS part of a mod and added some sounds as loose files to test them. And I had bugged city layout.

Hes very good to realize it so fast. It took me months 😂 but it seems we came to the same conclusion.

I dont think its caused by Dream. Its just a bunch of wavs... but I can be wrong. No idea on what to change on my side tho.

Very good find!!