Dust of Restful Death Not Working?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
LocalKraken

Dust of Restful Death Not Working?

Post by LocalKraken »

Well, I recently got Daggerfall Unity and used my latest classic save. This save was when I got to Lysandus's Tomb, after I had received the Dust of Restful Death. I proceeded through the dungeon as normal, and got to Lysandus's coffin. I tried to activate it, and nothing happened. I checked inside my inventory, and realized there was no Dust of Restful Death. I loaded the same save in original Daggerfall and found out that I had the Dust of Restful Death. However, there was also 1 Lich Dust. I opened up Daggerfall Unity to find out I had 2 Lich Dusts. I'm guessing the Dust of Restful Death was just a quest version of the lich dust, and Daggerfall Unity stacked them. I kept trying to activate the coffin, but nothing happened. Is this a bug? And if so, am I screwed? Or was I just not clicking in the right places?

pango

Re: Dust of Restful Death Not Working?

Post by pango »

Could it be that the video just didn't play, as it seems to happen for some people?
A game save could be useful to check what's going on...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

LocalKraken

Post by LocalKraken »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:10 am Could it be that the video just didn't play, as it seems to happen for some people?
I don't see anything in the "Active Quests" list, either. Are there any console commands I could use to start the quest and give myself the dust?

LocalKraken

Post by LocalKraken »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:10 am Could it be that the video just didn't play, as it seems to happen for some people?
Here's the save, btw. It's the saves in the AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity, right?
Attachments
SAVE8.zip
(201.55 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If you imported a classic save, main quest isn't resumed automatically at this time. Some info for restarting it from roughly where you left off is below.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27540#p27540

Depending on your progress, you might need to replay the last couple of quests to catch up.

LocalKraken

Post by LocalKraken »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 am If you imported a classic save, main quest isn't resumed automatically at this time. Some info for restarting it from roughly where you left off is below.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27540#p27540

Depending on your progress, you might need to replay the last couple of quests to catch up.
Thanks! It put me back a couple of quests, but at least I can finish the main quest.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Glad that helped! Please don't hesitate to get back to us if something else goes wrong. The whole alpha stage is to iron out problems. :)