Shadows having wieght

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ommamar

Shadows having wieght

Post by Ommamar » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Has anyone else noticed this every once in awhile? One of the most noticeable shadows is the one thrown by a pillar in front of the door of Wayrest mages guild. Sometimes I can't go to the door I just have to click it from an angle, but other times it is no problem. I was trying to reproduce it but seems very random, I was going to attach a save but then it was fine before I exited so not sure if it would do any good.

Interkarma

Re: Shadows having wieght

Post by Interkarma » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:22 am

Shadows don't have any presence in scene other than visual. They're just part of the rendering pipeline (no presence in physics).

I would suggest something else is going on there, but I don't know what to suggest at this time.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:03 am

It might be mod related but it doesn't always occur but on occasion a shadow will act like a container object and I will not be able to enter it. Often when I leave then reenter the cell it acts as a regular shadow that I can freely walk through but not always. Sometimes if I constantly push on it I am able to walk through it fine after a little bit but again this is not always the case. I will go through mods doing a disable/enable to see if I can isolate things further.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:31 am

I can't speak to what mods might be doing, but I can confirm absolutely that shadows don't interact with physics at all. :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 am

I understand you make no claims on mods issues interkarma, is there somewhere you would rather I post about issues with mods? I will have to go through to try and figure out specific one that might be causing the issue.

Now I am thinking it might be a door way issue. I only know of one thieves guild location so when I entered the one in Deervale I had the unable to move issue so I used console teleport to move myself forward. Then I was able to move no problem but I do notice that at times there seems to be a square in front of a door that I slide across a barrier and can't enter so I have to kind of angle up to the door so I can use it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:59 am

Ommamar wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 am
I understand you make no claims on mods issues interkarma, is there somewhere you would rather I post about issues with mods? I will have to go through to try and figure out specific one that might be causing the issue.

Now I am thinking it might be a door way issue. I only know of one thieves guild location so when I entered the one in Deervale I had the unable to move issue so I used console teleport to move myself forward. Then I was able to move no problem but I do notice that at times there seems to be a square in front of a door that I slide across a barrier and can't enter so I have to kind of angle up to the door so I can use it.
Post a save or video,otherwise this is too vague to solve

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:56 pm

King of Worms wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:59 am
Ommamar wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 am

Post a save or video,otherwise this is too vague to solve
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2436

Well this save demonstrates the door issue to an extreme extent. If I use the console command teleport I move into the room and everything seems fine. But I will occasionally notice there seems to be a square in front of the door that acts like the edge of a container that I can't enter, then at other times there is no problem. Not trying to be obtuse just hard to replicate, I will post a save the next time it happens. The thing is reloading a save when it happens often seems to solve it, kind of like taking your automobile to a mechanic but it never acts like it did to motivate you to take it to the mechanic.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:57 am

Here is a video that shows the door stuck issue, if you go to 15:50 you will see that when she goes into the temple the issues occur. I have used the console teleport command which usually puts me up above in the ceiling but I can move forward into the room and move regularly. It also doesn't occur anymore after I have used that technique, there is still on occasion what seems to be a invisible object in front of the door in guilds that occurs randomly and goes away after a few times into and out of the guild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQsN9EK4y5U
Last edited by Ommamar on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:36 am

Mmmh I assume you forgot the link?
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:25 pm

pango wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:36 am
Mmmh I assume you forgot the link?
Hmm dang yup let me go edit that!