How to finish quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Sammy

How to finish quest

Post by Sammy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 am

I got a quest in Gothway Garden where an old man in a tavern is being threatened by assassin's for his property, he wants me to go to his residence between 9 and midnight which is when the assassins have threatened to arrive. So I found his place (which strangely had another guy living in it) and loitered until 1 assassin appeared and I killed him, I waited around till the sunrise but no more assassins. I went back to the tavern but I am unable to talk to the guy who gave me the quest, nothing comes up. How do I finish the quest?

Interkarma

Re: How to finish quest

Post by Interkarma » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm

When the quest-giver doesn't activate hand-in, its usually because the quest script doesn't believe you've obtained the right conditions to complete. This could be caused by a bug, quest timer exceeded, or the quest failed in some other way. It's not possible to tell for sure without a copy of the save to look at so we can inspect the quest state.

The quest itself should expire out by itself after several days and clear from your log.