Missing item

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ommamar

Missing item

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:48 am

So I have got to a point in one of the branches of the main quest where I need to find a certain item. I have been through this dungeon 5 times with no luck in finding it. This is not the usual dungeon I am sent to when I have done this quest in the past playing classic so I can't tell if it is bugged or if I am missing something. Here is the save game.
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(151.51 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Jay_H

Re: Missing item

Post by Jay_H » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 am

Look harder ;)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 am

Hmmm I am using DREAM I wonder if the backgrounds are making it hard to see at least I know it is in there so I have hope.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:00 pm

I still couldn't find it so I tried use console command tele2qitem but it kept putting me in the void. I then went and turned of smaller dungeons, then I was able to use the console command to find the item.

Now there seems to be a larger problem, this build is currently infected with lyncanthropy so I got the you feel the need to kill the innocence message. So I decided to go to the small region of Pathago to take care of that issue but the first town I went to didn't have any building or people so I tried one a day away. No buildings but people so I rampaged a little ran off then traveled to Daggerfall but I got the next letter involving the royal Wayrest quest so I went there instead. Which triggered me getting the letter to deal with lyncanthopy quest, when I traveled to the designated location there was nothing there. I thought maybe it was a mod issue so disabled all mods but still the same problem. Here are two saves one from Pathago the other from Wayrest.
Attachments
SAVE29.zip
(278.44 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
SAVE2.zip
(167.88 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:45 pm

I don't know whats going on as I just loaded one of the saves I posted to check something about the character sheet after I enabled all the mods, it appears all the buildings are back. Is this what is observed when the save game is down loaded?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:03 pm

I've heard the disappearing towns are an infrequent problem from DREAM's sound module, but I can't locate the post that says it.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Jay_H wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:03 pm
I've heard the disappearing towns are an infrequent problem from DREAM's sound module, but I can't locate the post that says it.
I have that disabled I can't stand the sound used for casting spells. In this one most of Daggerfall is missing and there are giant people walking around along side the regular sized ones.
I will try and enable DREAM sound to see if that changes anything.
Attachments
SAVE30.zip
(157.99 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Well enabling DREAM sound fixed the missing buildings but still giant people walking around. Very strange no idea what a sound portion of a mod has to do with rendering building in a town. Thanks for the advice Jay_H hopefully there is some solution to get rid of that horrendous sound when I cast spells while using it.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:40 pm

The sound mod isn't related to the buildings. What's happening is something about loading world with sound mod disabled is crashing the layout process. The misplaced buildings are just a side effect of the layout process failing.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Interkarma wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:40 pm
The sound mod isn't related to the buildings. What's happening is something about loading world with sound mod disabled is crashing the layout process. The misplaced buildings are just a side effect of the layout process failing.
Well I couldn't see how they would be related but everyone seems to agree that is is effecting the layout process so in that way it is related to the buildings. The only thing I can come up with is the load order of files I have experienced a case while making a website that had interactive buttons with a sound file attached. I didn't fully grasp the explanation as it got into video compression and file placement.

Basically it came down to if the object didn't see a path to link to the sound file it just didn't load the object so if you didn't first load the sound file for the object to see it wouldn't load that object. This all had to do with Java and Java Script which is a different language but maybe something similar is happening. So if it tries to load a building or area that triggers a specific sound file but the path to that file is disabled maybe DFU just says nah and doesn't render the buildings.

It is just a theory based of code reaction in a different area but the only way I can think of a sound file having an effect on items rendering.