Karolis the Lich is missing in Daggerfall Unity, and this is game breaking.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Falken

Karolis the Lich is missing in Daggerfall Unity, and this is game breaking.

Post by Falken » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 pm

This may or may not be a problem with Unity itself but it is worth mentioning that I'm playing Unity in case there is a fix that involves the console somehow.

I'm really hoping there is such a fix. Because I'm doing the quest "Lich's Soul" for the King of Worms. I've solved the lever puzzles in the dungeon of Sentinel and made it to the room where the lich is supposed to be... and he isn't there. I've left the dungeon and then returned directly via the console command that teleports you straight to the quest target, and he still isn't there. The quest appears active, I have the scarab, but no lich.

I am 100% okay with just typing a console command to just complete the quest, if that is an option.

I zipped the Save14 folder, which I assume is the proper way to upload a save game? It is an attachment to this post. The file has my character standing right outside the door leading to the lich. The blue force field bars are gone.
Attachments
SAVE14.ZIP
(193.49 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Interkarma

Re: Karolis the Lich is missing in Daggerfall Unity, and this is game breaking.

Post by Interkarma » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Thanks for posting save!

I'm not sure yet why target didn't spawn in your save. I just did the below and he spawned OK. Could you please try these steps in console and let me know what happens?
  1. Enter "tele2exit" then exit and re-enter dungeon.
  2. Enter "tele2qspawn" and you should land on top of lich.
Just in case you still have troubles, I've re-attached your save right in front of lich after doing the above. Watch out he's a bit angry. Use "tgm" to enable godmode and "killall" to nuke everything including Karolis for a quick resolution.

I'll have a deeper look tomorrow (getting late here in Australia) and try to understand why he didn't spawn for you. Do you have any mods installed at all? There might be some bad interaction I don't experience as I'm running without mods.

If you're able to reproduce reliably on your end (exiting and re-entering doesn't spawn target when starting from the save you sent me), a zipped copy of your output log after entering dungeon would be amazing. There might be something in there I can find.

Thanks and good luck.
Attachments
SAVE683.zip
(219.5 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Interkarma

Re: Karolis the Lich is missing in Daggerfall Unity, and this is game breaking.

Post by Interkarma » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:55 pm

Just a quick update on this one. I have not been able to reproduce issue on my end or find a likely cause at this time. The target lich spawns reliably every time I enter the dungeon.

Falken, if you are able to get back to me with any more information - exact DFU version, mod loadout, OS, output logs, it would be very helpful to diagnose further. Cheers!