Strange smearing effect when moving

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
KriosMirth

Strange smearing effect when moving

Post by KriosMirth »

Hey all, Krios here. I'm currently playing with KoW DREAM and some other mods, and I average 100 fps, yet whenever I move I get this strange blurry stutter effect. It isnt motion blur since I have that turned off, so so any of you know what this is or how to fix it? All help is greatly appreciated.

King of Worms

Re: Strange smearing effect when moving

Post by King of Worms »

KriosMirth wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:47 pm Hey all, Krios here. I'm currently playing with KoW DREAM and some other mods, and I average 100 fps, yet whenever I move I get this strange blurry stutter effect. It isnt motion blur since I have that turned off, so so any of you know what this is or how to fix it? All help is greatly appreciated.
Hi Krios,

so the Postprocessing Mod has motion blur disabled, right?
Just to be absolutelly sure, disable the whole post processing mod, and retry...

This smearing effect, it happens ALL THE TIME? Or just on some ocassions?

I never saw this problem, so I try to understand what is going on here..

Can u catch it on a screenshot?

Do you use reshade?

KriosMirth

Post by KriosMirth »

I do not use any reshades. I will try to turn it off and on again and see if that works.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

KriosMirth wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:09 pm I do not use any reshades. I will try to turn it off and on again and see if that works.
Just turn the COMPLETE postprocessing mod off and run the game and see if the problem stopped.

Pls add a screenshot as well if possible.

Press "printscreen" than open some basic drawing prog, create new file and press CTRL+V, than save it..

KriosMirth

Post by KriosMirth »

I will try that. Also I do have a video, though it looks a little smoother than my actual game, you can see a bit of the weird stuttering.

KriosMirth

Post by KriosMirth »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:01 pm
KriosMirth wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:09 pm I do not use any reshades. I will try to turn it off and on again and see if that works.
Just turn the COMPLETE postprocessing mod off and run the game and see if the problem stopped.

Pls add a screenshot as well if possible.

Press "printscreen" than open some basic drawing prog, create new file and press CTRL+V, than save it..
I tried the game without post processing on, and it still did the strange stuttering thing when I moved. Almost like its buffering or something.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Since u do not answer the questions I ask u, I cant help anymore, good luck.maybe reread this short thread and answer em if u wish.

KriosMirth

Post by KriosMirth »

Oh, I guess my post never went through. What I was saying was a screenshot doesnt really capture the issue at all since it can only really be seen through recordings. And that it only happens when moving. Sorry for the confusion or any disrespect. But I will try to get a screenshot that best shows the issue if I can.

KriosMirth

Post by KriosMirth »

Well, I reinstalled Daggerfall Unity without any mods so I guess my computer just does not want to run the game properly and still smears. Maybe its because Im running 100+ FPS or something. Not sure. Doesn't matter though. I guess I will just skip out on Daggerfall Unity since my computer is giving me this issue.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

KriosMirth wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:46 pm Oh, I guess my post never went through. What I was saying was a screenshot doesnt really capture the issue at all since it can only really be seen through recordings. And that it only happens when moving. Sorry for the confusion or any disrespect. But I will try to get a screenshot that best shows the issue if I can.
Well you can post videos as well that would show the effects.