Daedra Seducer Winged Form

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Jaiysaun

Daedra Seducer Winged Form

Post by Jaiysaun »

I can never get a Daedra Seducer to transform. Is this implemented?

King of Worms

Re: Daedra Seducer Winged Form

Post by King of Worms »

Jaiysaun wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 am I can never get a Daedra Seducer to transform. Is this implemented?
I was thinking the same. When I was messing with all the MOBs sprites, I saw that there are many missing frames for a winged seducer to actually work.
Was it even implemented in the base Daggerfall?

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Jaiysaun wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 am I can never get a Daedra Seducer to transform. Is this implemented?
I was thinking the same. When I was messing with all the MOBs sprites, I saw that there are many missing frames for a winged seducer to actually work.
If it wasn't implemented in classic Daggerfall, from where it comes this animation on the UESP page for Daggerfall Daedra Seducer? 8-)

Maybe it's just not yet implementes in DFU :?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Firebrand wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:48 pm
King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:22 pm
If it wasn't implemented in classic Daggerfall, from where it comes this animation on the UESP page for Daggerfall Daedra Seducer? 8-)

Maybe it's just not yet implementes in DFU :?
And this is all we have from that winged seducer. Where are all the attack spries from each angle? Where are hit animations. Where is wing flapping from all angles?

Yes. Exactly nowhere. They dont exist. All we have is a transition. Sad truth for daggerfall. It was not finished and implemented IMHO.

They just abandoned the idea in 1996 and kept only the woman form without wings.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The winged form exists in classic gameplay and all, but I'm pretty sure it glitched into the clothed form at angles.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This animation is not currently implemented in Daggerfall Unity. It seems to have been overlooked as we've worked through the enemy animations. :)

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

In classic Daggerfall Daedra Seducer always transforms once player hit it first time. After that it always in her winged naked form and never transforms back.
Actually, human form corpse sprite never used in classic Daggerfall. Even when you kill Daedra Seducer with one hit, it spawns naked winged form corpse sprite.

Too strange, that transformation not implemented in DFU yet and Daedra Seducer has only her humanoid form.

Here is proof video (jump to 17:31):
Last edited by Yagiza on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hmm its attacking animation is actually always facing the player. Thats becausee the missing frames of different attack angles are not in the game. It doesnt seem to cause any problems in this case, so thats good.

Anyway.. would be good to have this in DFU as well.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:09 pm Anyway.. would be good to have this in DFU as well.
+1

We want naked flying Daedra Seducers! :D :D :D

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

I saw this come up on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/daggerfallunit ... tice_this/, so a gentle bump. I hope to see this implemented.