Need Help FInding Brisienna

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
princessbinas

Need Help FInding Brisienna

Post by princessbinas »

Hello, I need help finding Lady Brisienna. I have gotten her first letter (the one you get when you get out of the very first dungeon) and it says that she can be found in "The Laughing Dragon in The Dirt Dagger Lodge of Daggerfall." There is no Laughing Dragon in Daggerfall (it's in Sentinel and she is not there) nor is there a Dirty Dagger Lodge in Daggerfall nor Sentinel. I am completely lost.

EDIT: Nevermind. I finally found it... It was in Daggerfall region, not Daggerfall the town. I got the town and region mixed up. [Facepalm.]

Firebrand

Re: Need Help FInding Brisienna

Post by Firebrand »

Yeah, sometimes names in this game are confusing :lol:
But here a tip: do you know that from the log of Active Quests, you can click on the name of the Location and it will get you to the world map, with the correct destination (meaning, town and region)set ?

It could probably help to avoid situation like the one you described ;)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Firebrand wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:03 pm Yeah, sometimes names in this game are confusing :lol:
But here a tip: do you know that from the log of Active Quests, you can click on the name of the Location and it will get you to the world map, with the correct destination (meaning, town and region)set ?

Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

princessbinas

Post by princessbinas »

Firebrand wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:03 pm Yeah, sometimes names in this game are confusing :lol:

At the time, I did not know that. But I did discover that long after I had that issue when I was watching someone else play Daggerfall Unity on YouTube to see their reactions to the improvements this project has made to the classic game.
Ommamar wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Great feature! There are some quests involving multiple locations that will take you to only one of them when you click on it so you will have to type in the other locations but even that has been improved as you can create a list of possible locations and choose from them.

No worries you aren't the first to get things confused with that exact same question.
Yup, it is a great feature and one I wish I knew about as soon as I first started playing. Would have saved me trouble of typing things in. Though, I do wish the fast travel map was a bit easier to use. It's hard to click on those tiny dots. Then again, I have the window at a fourth of my screen's size so that I can look stuff up with ease.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You can right-click the travel map to zoom in :)

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:51 pm You can right-click the travel map to zoom in :)
I've heard people playing Daggerfall for ten years before finding this feature :lol: :lol: :lol: