Thieves Guild Initiation

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Madae

Thieves Guild Initiation

Post by Madae »

I just got my note for Thieves guild and it says to steal Tall Boots from The Moorsley Residence in Copperfield Manor. Copperfield Manor has 2 Moorsley Residences, a Tavern and a house. Neither of them have the clothing pile to finish the quest. I also checked the two other residences there, Gaersmith and Buckingsly, and nothing there either. :(

What can I do?

jayhova

Re: Thieves Guild Initiation

Post by jayhova »

Generally speaking it's a good idea to include a zipped version of your saved game so others can see what you see. Try attaching one to your next post.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Madae

Post by Madae »

Sorry, I think this is the save file. I believe I got the note a few seconds before this.
Attachments
SAVE0.zip
(175.57 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Copperfield Manor yes, but in Menevia, not Daggerfall :? You traveled quite far to try to get away from the Thieves Guild! I found the clothes inside and the quest proceeds properly.

Madae

Post by Madae »

Well I was in Menevia before that, but I didn't get the note until I was in Daggerfall. I had also been trying to break into houses and stores in the Daggerfall area to get the note, but it wasn't working, so I went to a dungeon I know had a bunch of humans and stuff and just practiced pickpocketing, which was in Menevia. I also only managed to do 3 successful pickpockets, so maybe it was counting the fails in the supposed 10 I need to get the note? I dunno, but I guess good to know for the future that I should just stay where I'm at and doing illegal activities until I finally get the note since it appears to not follow me around.

Madae

Post by Madae »

Well I'm finding a few bugs here and there now... maybe they're all in the github already though? Seems kind of hard to miss.

But the first was that all those little towns you get sent to look the same and the Inn appears to take the name of the quest location, so you end up having two of them. In the case of a residence, they both came up with the same name (Moorsley Residence). When I do Thieves Guild quest to help a burglar, it sends me to the same villages and now the taverns have the name of those quest locations, but they are proper tavern names... Maybe that's working as intended, but its very odd. I also managed to discover a place called The Black Dungeon in Daggerfall without going there because the name of a tavern in one of those villages for the quest was also The Black Dungeon.