Lycanthropy Cure Quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Fright-Face

Lycanthropy Cure Quest

Post by Fright-Face »

I'm doing the Lycanthropy Cure quest (the path to get Hircine's Ring) and as you can see in the screenshot (albiet barely), the paper I need to pick up to find the map to the Glenmoril Coven is right there. Right? Well, no, the screen is as dark as it is because I could only see it between reloading a save and the point where the game fades back into light. After wandering the dungeon for an hour being unable to find it, I just used the "tele2qitem" command, and wound up on what seemed like an empty space. It was then that I decided to play around a bit and "found" it this way. Can't click on it, can't progress. Any ideas? Would going straight to the Glenmoril Coven continue the questline or is this quest just bugged? and if going to the Coven would help me, how exactly do I get to it? Cause I ran around for a while where it should be and had no luck.

Edit: Save file
SAVE6 - Copy.zip
(200.47 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Last edited by Fright-Face on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Lycanthropy Cure Quest bug

Post by Interkarma »

Could you please attach a zipped copy of your save, and someone will take a look. Thank you.

Fright-Face

Post by Fright-Face »

Here's a copy of my save file. I toggled god mode just cause I ran out of patience with the place.
SAVE6 - Copy.zip
(200.47 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Fright-Face

Post by Fright-Face »

If it helps, know that when i first contracted lycanthropy I saw the dream cutscene like five times and got five transformation spells (four of which I deleted), so maybe something in the lycanthropy transformation code was being fucky?

Interkarma

Re: Lycanthropy Cure Quest

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the save. The letter's world object is being deactivated on load as you already have already picked it up. Normally you don't see this bit of behind the scenes magic as it happens while the scene is fading in and dungeon layout is being finalised. You must have picked it up sometime prior and not realised that was what you were looking for.

The good news is you've already found the letter. :) It's under Clothing & Misc, towards the bottom. Your next step is the library in the Ruins of Yeomham's Hold.

letter1.jpg
letter1.jpg (365.47 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
letter2.jpg
letter2.jpg (292.98 KiB) Viewed 1521 times

For the other issue with multiple dreams and duplicate spells, this has been fixed in live code and will be in next round of builds. You can safely delete the duplicate spells (just don't delete all of them). Good luck!