rat killing fighters guild questbug.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Siva_Machina

rat killing fighters guild questbug.

Post by Siva_Machina »

On two separate occasions I get the same quest from the fighters guild to kill rats. I go to ask for the location of place I am supposed to go. What i get is a list of the same name repeating itself and instead of getting directions to that persons residence. I get directions to the fighters guild. I have not tested this in other provenience's but I was was in Wayrest.

Interkarma

Re: rat killing fighters guild questbug.

Post by Interkarma »

Andoryan Kingham is the quest-giver in the Wayrest Fighters Guilds. If you ask about him, then naturally people will point you back there. :)

Many quests will also add the quest-giver to talk so you can find your way back to them. This isn't so difficult with guild quests, but sometimes with commoner quests it's easy to lose track of where you picked up the quest in the first place. This is why you can ask where the quest giver lives.

For quests that send you to a building, you need to ask about that exact building from WhereIs > Location > General, and then the name of the Residence. In the example below, it's the Copperford Residence. If the quest sends you to a business (e.g. a General Store), then you need to ask about that under WhereIs > Location > General Stores.

directions.jpg
directions.jpg (342.42 KiB) Viewed 593 times

While the above is just how Daggerfall rolls, the repeated text is definitely a bug. Others have reported this before and I've not been able to reproduce or find a cause. We thought this might have been a case of input fall-through when entering UI mode, but yet to confirm or find a fix.

Siva_Machina

Post by Siva_Machina »

Well I guess I found a way for you to reproduce it. Just do the the rat quest for the fighters guild.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I just did - that doesn't reproduce it, sorry. :)

Siva_Machina

Post by Siva_Machina »

Oh I am using a build from git. That I made yesterday and I am in Wayrest.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, I noticed you were running from git version from the font changes that haven't made it into live builds yet.

The repeated directions issue has an open bug report below. I created this bug report more than a year ago now. It's not related to any quests.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1153

I haven't been able to reproduce since that first report over a year ago. I'll take another look at it soon. Cheers.