Bow sometimes hit an "Invisible Wall" in Dungeon & Dungeon have some "Unfinished Area"

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Slasonic

Bow sometimes hit an "Invisible Wall" in Dungeon & Dungeon have some "Unfinished Area"

Post by Slasonic »

When I'm using bow to fight mobs in dungeon with crosshair On for "Accurate?" aiming, sometimes the arrow hits an "Invisible Wall". I'm not sure how to re-produce the result accurately, since it only sometimes happens. But I can show where it happens.

For now, here's some picture.
The picture above shows that I'm testing a shot to the fire. The result: It hit an "Invisible Wall"

I was at this specific area in dungeon when I'm testing it.

Next is "Unfinished Ared".
Sometimes, I found this area when I'm "Flying out of the wall" by Turning on Levitate and abusing Console Teleport.

By looking at the map, you can see that it's not connected to any area at all.

Here's some more.

By the way, is this already reported?
"Imagination is power, yet useless if not done properly."
- Some Random Word, [Insert Date Here]

Jay_H

Re: Bow sometimes hit an "Invisible Wall" in Dungeon & Dungeon have some "Unfinished Area"

Post by Jay_H »

The isolated rooms are just a fact of the game. You normally wouldn't see it in classic Daggerfall, but that's how dungeons were put together. Pieces connected to pieces, and some became orphaned and left out forever. There won't ever be quest objectives in the orphaned rooms.

Interestingly, theJF just uploaded a video about the dungeon construction mechanics.

Slasonic

Re: Bow sometimes hit an "Invisible Wall" in Dungeon & Dungeon have some "Unfinished Area"

Post by Slasonic »

I see... My bad. :P
Still, sometimes I could find some random treasures among the isolated rooms. Oh my, I'm getting greedy... Need to push that thought away for a while.

Then, what about the bow?
Oh wait, I forgot to write that the "Invisible Wall" is very near to me (My Chara) when I shot as I heard that arrow sound just in front of me (My Chara).

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If you can attach a save game standing in front of the problem spot where your arrows are being blocked, I can take a closer look. Thanks! :)

Slasonic

Post by Slasonic »

Will do. But I'll do it later, as I'm not at home yet. By the way, how do I attach my save game? I mean, I know where my save games are, just don't know how to upload to this forum yet. :oops:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Once you zip up the save, there's an "attachments" tab below the text box where you compose your forum post message. You can attach small files and images that way.

Slasonic

Post by Slasonic »

Sorry for the late send. Just got home by now. :oops:
Anyway, here you go. =)
SAVE177.zip
(228.44 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Edit: By the way, how do you use magic from an item? I can't seem to cast magic from items at all. I've created a character with inability to use magic at all, but does it includes "Cast On Use" magic from items? "Cast When Held" magic items is working. "Cast on Strike" weapons also seems to work just fine, yet I didn't use it as I can't repair the weapon at the smith even though "Allow Magic Item Repair" is on.
In case you're asking, yes I did modify some items (cheat a little), including magic accessories (from clothes to accesories). If that's the cause, could you tell me what I did wrong?

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Slasonic wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:59 pm "Cast on Strike" weapons also seems to work just fine, yet I didn't use it as I can't repair the weapon at the smith even though "Allow Magic Item Repair" is on.
You should make a magic item which auto-repairs stuff (including the magic one) in your inventory while you're resting ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Slasonic wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:59 pmI can't seem to cast magic from items at all. I've created a character with inability to use magic at all, but does it includes "Cast On Use" magic from items? "Cast When Held" magic items is working.
Can you open the magic item menu with 'U' during gameplay? That's for the items that say "Cast On Use."

Slasonic

Post by Slasonic »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:50 pm Can you open the magic item menu with 'U' during gameplay? That's for the items that say "Cast On Use."
Umm... Just now, I know how to use it though. :oops:
Since I've set most of the controls Morrowind-like, I thought I use my usual Left-Click (Swing Weapon), but instead, I had to press E (Activate Center Object) to cast it.
Yeah, I'm kinda embarrassed right now... :oops:
Anyway, thanks for helping. =)

Firebrand wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:46 pm You should make a magic item which auto-repairs stuff (including the magic one) in your inventory while you're resting ;)
I wanted to, but I need to Rank up before I could use their (School of Julianos) service, since my Chara is Magicka Inept.
Plus, my Short Blade (39%) in Misc Skills, while my Lockpicking (15%) is in Minor Skills. It really takes a while before I could start trashing up every mobs.
And.... The 2D Mobs really creeps me out, especially the 2D Undead Mobs, that I brace myself everytime I explore the dungeon. Yeah, the dungeon's small space makes it really easy fo me to get spooked out when 2D Mobs comes right out of nowhere. I practically saves a LOT in dungeon than in towns. :oops:
But, I'm still playing. It's kinda fun, but scary at the same time. At least I'm not playing some Horror Games.