Unable to find gloves better than Steel, which is also rare.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Fright-Face

Unable to find gloves better than Steel, which is also rare.

Post by Fright-Face »

I'm level 20 and have pretty much full Daedric by this point, minus my helmet which is Orcish. However, my gloves ever since level 2 have been Steel, and no shop I've ever seen or Knight Order free armor choice has been any better. Are Steel just the highest implemented type of gloves? Am I just super, super, super unlucky? If I'm just unlucky, can't I cheat in better ones? I know there's the give item command to give armor, but that's random as far as I know.

Jay_H

Re: Unable to find gloves better than Steel, which is also rare.

Post by Jay_H »

Gloves have always been super rare, even in classic. For me they're by far the hardest to find. It's not rare for me to have chain/steel gloves and adamantium everything else.

I'm not aware of a console command to give specific pieces of armor. You'd just have to roll that until it happens if you want to use the console.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I'd like to know how to find any Orcish armour in the game. Feels like an impossible thing, Daedric is actually easier. :)

Got a lovely Orcish breastplate from Knights but never found anything to go with it in many hours of playtesting. Is there a trick to it in Daggerfall?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Fright-Face

Post by Fright-Face »

I've had the same outfit for so long (full daedric w/ orc helm and steel gloves) that when i went to make my character in soul calibur i just made him like that, seeing as how I doubt I'll ever get max daedric somehow. Maybe the helm but prob not the gloves

Maybe I'll enchant them to feel better about them

Fright-Face

Post by Fright-Face »

Spent 20+ minutes cheating in piles of armor and eventually got some mithril gloves, maybe before Aetherius I'll do it again if there's no specific command

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Orcish is by far the rarest material in the game. In classic I probably saw it... 4 times myself?, of the times I played the game. It's meant to be almost impossible to find :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:11 pm Orcish is by far the rarest material in the game. In classic I probably saw it... 4 times myself?, of the times I played the game. It's meant to be almost impossible to find :D
Damnit! I love the look, and it works perfect for my test character. Still it's not hard for me to cheat... :twisted:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Slasonic

Post by Slasonic »

It kinda took long, or maybe soon, but by abusing Quick Load, you could get something you want at the shop. Not sure about buying Magical Items though.
For Example, I want Dwarven Cuirass with specific variant. What I do is:
1. Travel to some town with Armorer Shop (Best Shop Recommended).
2. Go inside the shop and stare at the Shelves. Edit: The Shelves must be the one you haven't checked yet. If every shelves have been checked, loiter for one day, or at least until the next day to refresh the shelves.
3. Quick Save
4. Click on the Shelves. If there's no Dwarven Cuirass, Quick Load. Edit: When you checked the shelf for the first time or after the shelf refresh, it will pick some random amount of random items before showing it to you. If you Save after that, the checked shelf content will be saved as well.
5.Repeat Step 4 until Specific Variant Dwarven Cuirass is found. If the game starts to get laggy, restart the game then repeat again.
6. Save just in case (Sometimes I got unlucky when the game suddenly crash before I could Save).

At some point, when you Quick Load too much, the game will accumulate too much memory that even your Windows starts to slow down. That's why game restart is needed.
Well, is this count as cheat? =)
"Imagination is power, yet useless if not done properly."
- Some Random Word, [Insert Date Here]

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:11 pm Orcish is by far the rarest material in the game. In classic I probably saw it... 4 times myself?, of the times I played the game. It's meant to be almost impossible to find :D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Attachments
Dwarven Guantlent 2.jpg
Dwarven Guantlent 2.jpg (464.99 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Eleven Guantlents.jpg
Eleven Guantlents.jpg (492.52 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Dwarven Guantlent.jpg
Dwarven Guantlent.jpg (485.26 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.